What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

xp sees no riad array

Jim

Trying to install xp on a new raid 0 array , POST test says there's a healthy array present.CD boots , loads setup files , says press F6 if you want to load 3rd party controller.. scsi .etc. No prob insert floppy & do so.More setup files load(including nvraid.sys) then press enter to install windows , do so and "setup did not find hard disks installed on your computer " make sure HD's are power on & connected " check they are. 2 identical, brand new drives just out of the box. Was running single IDE drive before.Any ideas on why the error?

thanks

sswilson

Staff member
Many boards also ship with two different raid chips (they want more than the chipset offers) so if you've got more than one, make sure you're installing the correct ones.

Jim

Are you selecting the proper raid drivers? Ide/sata

Madrach YOU...ARE...DA..MAN:clap: never did raid anything before there were 4 divers to choose from , guess I needed 2 , I was picking 1. Insatll @ 35% now. Hardware Canucks, best geeks on the web. Thankyou thankyou thankyou :punk:you rule:thumb:

Jim

Many boards also ship with two different raid chips (they want more than the chipset offers) so if you've got more than one, make sure you're installing the correct ones.
Man thanks wilson I'd of never known or come across that....feels like a caveman discovering fire.
Help like this is why HW Canucks owns.

Latest posts