What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

XYZ Computing reviews Samsung SyncMaster 931BF 19" LCD monitor

G

"Not too long ago I had a chance to work with Samsung's 940BF, a 19" LCD display that was designed to put performance ahead of style and be one of the workhorses of the Samsung lineup. While Samsung's fashionable displays get most of the attention, most of their products are practically designed and aimed at the discerning consumer or performance minded business buyer. This what we saw with the 940BF and what we are seeing again with the 931BF. This may not be exciting if you are looking for something with a super cool exterior or a widescreen display, but they do have a lot to offer."

More @ Xyz Computing

sswilson

Staff member
I picked one of these up at futureshop for $299 and I'm quite happy with it.

Couldn't get it through the salesperson's head that I didn't want a widescreen, but he finally wrote me off as a nutcase and brought me the box I wanted. :)

One thing I noticed is that Samsungs all seem to be painfully bright out of the box. Mine was pegged to 100%, and I found 20% to be about right.