What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Yay for new keyboard and things!

Andy

Since not much gets posted here, I figured I'd make a post about my new keyboard and fan controller. I bit the bullet and grabbed a new G15. I read a bunch of reviews and the general consensus I got was that most preferred the blue LED's of the first gen G15. So far though I'm loving the amber colour of the second gen. Over all though it's a really nice keyboard. I don't expect it to be anywhere near as durable as the one it is replacing (at least 10 years old), but it is nice to type on, and looks awesome.

I also grabbed a Scythe fan controller. This thing is pretty damn nice. Controls four fans, and comes with temp probes for (whatever really). I've got it monitoring my four hard drives. Works well, nicely labeled wiring, and seems to suit my case. Oh, and with this I replaced three aging 80mm fans with new 1000rpm Yate Loons, man are they nice and quiet. I can slow them down to about 650, and not hear a thing.

Attachments

• G15Keyboard.jpg
    G15Keyboard.jpg
    389.1 KB · Views: 302
  • ScytheFanCtrl.jpg
    ScytheFanCtrl.jpg
    466.6 KB · Views: 299
  • yates.jpg
    yates.jpg
    457.8 KB · Views: 302
Last edited:

misterd

Groovy. I can see the orange lights getting on my nerves, I'm not biased - however I do own a 1st gen G15 (Thank you NCIX freebie) The Scythe Kaze Master looks sweet, this might get me to finally use mine. I've been busy with other peoples computers so mine is probably gonna get jealous if I don't do something soon.

Moneyless

Those look pretty nice. I want a new keyboard, this Saitek Eclipse is not as nice as when I first got it, and the backlight does not glow quiet as bright as it used to... :sad: probably because I've spilt stuff into it twice. :whistle: :haha: :doh:

G

Those look pretty nice. I want a new keyboard, this Saitek Eclipse is not as nice as when I first got it, and the backlight does not glow quiet as bright as it used to... :sad: probably because I've spilt stuff into it twice. :whistle: :haha: :doh:
I dont even want to think about what you meant with "Stuff":bananafunky:

Jon_di2

Your really tempting me to get the Scythe Kaze Master... for $40 at directcanada, it looks like a good deal... love the way it looks on your comp.

Andy

Sexy fan controller- was it hard to deal with all the wires?

Nope, not at all. Everything is nicely labeled FAN1 --> FAN4, and same goes for the temp probes.

Gross :haha:

What HSF are you using and what temps are you getting with it? it looks real good

It's an older Coolermaster unit. I don't even remember what model it is. I've had it for a few years now, and has worked great with both dual core Intel chips I've had. As far as numbers go, see this post.
http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/gallery/10447-so-i-had-busy-weekend-2.html#post102153

Your really tempting me to get the Scythe Kaze Master... for $40 at directcanada, it looks like a good deal... love the way it looks on your comp.

Thanks! :thumb:

G

Quick question, does it dim? Is the light glareish? Are the wires sleaved?

Moneyless

Gross. And by "stuff," I meant Fruitopia. Twice. Spilt my glass, cleaned it over a weekend, then the day I get it all back together, I spill another glass of Fruitopia into it. :blarg: At that point I threw it in my wardrobe out of anger and bought a new keyboard, but I've cleaned it again a couple months ago and I am still using it. :)

Needless to say, I don't drink Fruitopia anymore. :whistle:

The 2nd Gen. G15 does look pretty nice though, but I don't think it would fit on my keyboard tray... right now my Saitek Eclipse with a Steelseries Qck Mini just fit, with about maybe 1/3" left. Plus I've got two mice on the Qck Mini, it's like a crowded parking lot.

Quick question, does it dim? Is the light glareish? Are the wires sleaved?

The wires are not sleaved, they are bare:

IMGP5413.JPG

Link to my friend's review, he also reviewed the 3.5" one in black.

:ph34r: