What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

yay snow!!!

Izerous

Southern Alberta was calling for almost a full 2 feet of snow. Edmonton I saw some skiffs this morning but Calgary got it pretty good based on some photos I saw.

Lpfan4ever

Southern Alberta was calling for almost a full 2 feet of snow. Edmonton I saw some skiffs this morning but Calgary got it pretty good based on some photos I saw.
This was Sunday morning. It probably dumped close to double that by Monday. On the plus side it already melted a good chunk yesterday in my area since the sun was strong.
image-20190929_131933~2.jpg

BrainEater

The whole problem here, is the snow doesn't fall in the correct place.

Like, I'm going to invent actual molecular teleportation and take care of that nasty lake effect problem you have down East.

Not for science,not for the revolution in human history, just to put snow where it belongs.

:ROFLMAO:

edit :
Lowfat : The ceramic studded ones ?
My Hakkapeliitta 9's are on order bud!! (new truck).We win the winter tire thing by a million miles.
Nothing stops those tires except snow above the bumper.

Last edited:

lowfat

Staff member
The whole problem here, is the snow doesn't fall in the correct place.

Like, I'm going to invent actual molecular teleportation and take care of that nasty lake effect problem you have down East.

Not for science,not for the revolution in human history, just to put snow where it belongs.

:ROFLMAO:

edit :
Lowfat : The ceramic studded ones ?
My Hakkapeliitta 9's are on order bud!! (new truck).We win the winter tire thing by a million miles.
Nothing stops those tires except snow above the bumper.
Not sure what the studs are made of. I know it uses two different stud designs on different parts of the tire. This is the 3rd season with them. Absolutely love them.

Mr. Friendly

it's interesting. talking with a guy that gets over 300" of snow every year and their state has banned chains and studded tires. LoL!!!

Entz

it's interesting. talking with a guy that gets over 300" of snow every year and their state has banned chains and studded tires. LoL!!!
Places are strange in that regard.

I get chains, especially in urban areas, but I am not sure I get the crusade against modern studs. Perhaps years ago they were road destroying, noisy and killing old ladies as you drove by. But modern ones, nope.

I would of ran Hakka 9s but our strata forbids the use of studs indoors, so I would have to buy an outside parking spot and have to clear the car off all the time or get studless and have a nice warm car . Still light years ahead of M+S at least.

Latest posts

Twitter