What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

yes im crazy....

go flames go

i7 920
Asus P6t Deluxe V2
GSkill Perfect Storm 2000mhz 7-8-7-21 :shok:
WD 640gb Black
WD 300gb Velociraptor
Auzen X-Fi Forte
2x EVGA GTX 295 SLI
22x Sata Samsung Multi Burner
V8 Cpu Cooler w/ thermalfusion 400 paste
HAF 932 Case
Corsair HX 1000w

ran me bout 3450 with taxes shipping ect. Did my best to find best prices on everything. Purchased from newegg.ca, ncix w/price match and memory express. I will post picks of this beastor when im done.:clap::clap::bananafunky::bananafunky:

yes. I kinda went overboard but atleast i don't gotta upgrade for a long time.:punk:

- SSD diddnt really interest me except intel since ssd tech is rapidly changing I diddn't want to get something only for it to be something better the next day more stable no stutter ect. Intel 80gb cheapest i could find was 490. wanted more storage then that.

Realityshift

Drop the raptor for another 640 black, raptors arent worth it the 640 blacks are VERY close to the same performance. Other then that id drop the 2nd 295 as its alot to pay for 5% more performance. Other then that looks great man, I wouldnt really say your crazy for wanting this sort of build its pretty powerfull.

go flames go

Drop the raptor for another 640 black, raptors arent worth it the 640 blacks are VERY close to the same performance. Other then that id drop the 2nd 295 as its alot to pay for 5% more performance. Other then that looks great man, I wouldnt really say your crazy for wanting this sort of build its pretty powerfull.

well i got the 300gb raptor for 200 canadian from newegg so I think it was worth it. I have a deal with one of there reps.

But I like my quad sli :bleh:

go flames go

Its up to you but 1 of those cards is plenty, SLI doesnt scale well at all past dual GPU. Quad SLI is purely Epeen right now.

ok thanks for the sugg. i guess i got a pretty big epeen:canadianwave:. quad sli actually scales pretty well from the benchies i have seen. and the drivers are still quite premature so im sure they will get better as time goes on:thumb:

Realityshift

Damn I just checked out some of the reviews on the Quad sli setup, last I checked the numbers where alot lower for 4 cards but they deffinetly have improved their scaling, im sure youll get some awesome gaming on that PC.

crispex

A tri-285 setup would still pwn it...

:blarg:

Heh, always the voice of dissent, that's me. :biggrin:

crispex

So they actually fixed that bit where the 295's start tripping over each other at higher res?

Realityshift

Normally 4 285s would spank 2 295s, this has always been true for Nvidias dual GPU cards. its just easier to go with the dual GPU cards.

Latest posts