What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

yes im crazy....

go flames go

Also, I spent $7,000 on my first computer. A 16mhz 286 with 640kb of ram and a 10mb hard drive. 10 million dollar supercomputers did not have the power of the system go flames go just ordered.

o back in ye day..:haha:

Mr. Gruntsworthy

hey go flames go; the GTX 295's are the NVIDIA answer to ATI's 'X2' cards; the GTX 295s have, quite literally, two GPU's on it, thus earning the nickname 'SLI-on-a-card.' Because of this, technically having two GTX 295's is quad SLI, despite only physically being two cards. (2 + 2 = 4, right? :p)

I think 10 million dollar supercomputers today can stop time their so fast....

...yet, in another 20 years, we will find ourselves looking back on these supercomputers much like Squeetard is now.

Liu Kang

i dont think so. gtx 295 quad performs better in games and gtx 285 performs better in benchmarks.

Huh? Every comparison I've seen between quad and tri during game play indicates that tri-sli outperforms quad-sli in every game except Crysis Warhead.

As mentioned, it's ~$700 for a 5% increase in performance... If that doesn't convince you it's a bad idea, google micro stuttering and read all of the issues users are having during game play while running quad-sli. Not only are there driver issues, but not all titles leverage SLI setups either :(

@ NCIX right now, you can buy a GTX260 for $200 -- so you can run tri-sli 260s for less than a single 295. You can overclock them and get results similar to your quad setup in gameplay and benchies.

Toronto122

Wow, I thought I went overboard....

When I built it I was "only" running a 24" mon, now I'm running a 30...glad I went with two cards as games like Empire bring it to its knees. (believe it or not).

No one has asked the important question...what res are you playing at? If it's 19x12, you just completely wasted $600 on the extra card, but if you got a 30", then it was worth the extra card...

I still think that 3 285's would kill 2 295's. But that's only an opinion as I have no proof.

As for the RAM...that was a deal an a half.

Latest posts