What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Yet another rigg help please

Babrbarossa

Here's a compatibility list for it- and you're right-- 680i isn't on there

http://www.teamgroup.com.tw/images/stories/compatibility_test/eng_ddr800.pdf

I wouldn't go building my system around the ram though-- alot of the time, you can't cheive the speeds that reviewers do because the company hand picks the fastest samples to send to the tech sites- so always take it with a grain of salt. Not to say this isn't probably awesome ram, though- even if you get halfway to those settings-- I hear alot of good things about the corsair dominators- and they work well with the 680i-- also anything by ocz does, it seems.- you can check out evga's compatibility list.
If you're looking to get a different board the asus commando reviews have been really good, but you can't have SLi with it.

Last edited:

luppo

bah your prolly right :biggrin:
ill just go with evga board and platinum ocz chips like the one you mentioned in earlier post all I care is that they are compatible and that I can over clock even just a bit would be fine

Last edited:

luppo

yup yup looks like the ones to go with

thanks for the input

system revised

Intel Core 2 Duo E6600
BFG GeForce 8800 GTX 768MB and another one when they drop in price
eVGA 122-CK-NF68 mainboard
patriot mem nice find
700 watt psu and im off to the races

sswilson

Staff member
700 watt psu and im off to the races

Heh.... squawk squawk.......

You're making me nervous...... Just because you're not going sli, I can't stress strongly enough that it still needs to be a recognized PSU.

Just too many problems can arise from a cheepo PSU, and worse yet, many of those are of the "random/untraceable" type that can mess up your rig for years!!!

Looking good though.

What part of the country are you writing from?

Last edited:
G

sswilson the PSU Pimp.

Yeah ss Thats one of the first thing I do when giving buddys a hand, Break out the Multimeter. If thats solid @ least I'm not going to go crazy trying to fix a sporadic/weird/unusual problem.

That Patriot is nice RAM for that price.

Damn I paid to much for my 2g kit curse you ddr

Babrbarossa

You must have missed his post wilson-- he's getting a ocz 700w

"ya i meant to say i was also getting,
OCZ (OCZ700GXSSLI) GameXStream 700 Watt
and thanks for the welcome"

progress.gif

luppo

heya again I hail from Toronto,Ont Scarborough to be exact
and ya 700 watt psu was planned however that model I learned is certified for ati crossfire so now im thinking im gonna get the 850 watt psu which appears to be certified for nvidia
OCZ 850w GameXStream (SLI Ready) Power Supply - OCZ850GXSSLI