What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Yet another Thin ITX board we probably won't see much of this side of the pond.....

sswilson

Staff member
So am I understanding that this uses a power brick, like a laptop? Pretty cool.. could build some really nifty tiny pc's
Edit: and laptop style ram!?

Yep to both.

Hell.... I've even got 2X4GB DDR4 laptop ram collecting dust that I could use. :)

I had an AM1 mITX board that was powered via a laptop brick and absolutely love the format, but for some strange reason we can never seem to be able to find the "thin" versions in NA.

sswilson

Staff member
It is making a great PfSense gateway. (y)

Glad to hear it's still going strong. :)

I used it for several years as a kodi audio player mainly for the milkdrop visualizations. (Besides the DC power, the board was also unique in that it had an optical out port which the great majority of mITX boards omit).

I suppose also having the PSU out of the case is nice for thermal OCD folks.

It essentially allows home consumers to build their own NUC style PCs.

Last edited:

moocow

I was considering picking up a few of these boards (the older one) + 4xxx APU when I swing by Hong Kong. Then I thought about warranty support for other people and I lost a bit of interest. May be for special randos here I might do it.

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
I was considering picking up a few of these boards (the older one) + 4xxx APU when I swing by Hong Kong. Then I thought about warranty support for other people and I lost a bit of interest. May be for special randos here I might do it.
Id be seriously interested in a 5xxx APU if they're available.

Latest posts