What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

you old codgers with ancient Android phones...time to upgrade.

Mr. Friendly

seems the old phones running Android 2.7 or older are being neutered in functionality this coming September.

anyone here know someone that's using a phone that old? :oops:

moocow

Some people really just use it to check email and make calls. I personally only use my phone to browse the news while I'm out or use it to order Uber. I don't need to play games and find the idea of productive software (word processing) is laughable on a phone.

JD

Staff member
I turned on my Galaxy S about a month ago, pretty sure that was Gingerbread! Though I sent all my old phones into Bell for recycling, I was just doing a quick check to see if they were wiped already.

Shadowmeph

I am not even sure which OS is on my phone its an Samsung core lt I think I used it to check email or watch a youtube vid twice and have for the past 3-4 years but I wonder if it will effect other things like updates because doesn't the phone use you gmail account for those things , which actually is another reason why I dont use my phone on the net because of the tracking

Latest posts

Twitter