What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

You want wheels? You can't afford wheels!

moocow

In the grand tradition of insane pricing, the new Mac Pro's wheels option is $400 USD. $100 USD per wheel! Consider for a minute that a single performance summer tire for my car (235/45/17) from Continental (Extreme Contact Sport) is $162 USD before tax and shipping, it can handle a 2 metric ton car with a max rated speed of 270 KPH. I wonder what kind of caster wheel they are using on the Mac. CNC aircraft grade ALU or Titanium with very nice bearings?

Also, if you want a similar looking case for your PC, you can get one from Dune Case.

Izerous

Most of apples things are not made in the US only designed in the US built in China like everything else.

Cptn Vortex

I by no means like the bullcrap pricing of the Mac/Apple hardware, but at the same time, I spend $200 on each GPU I get for a new Full-Cover waterblock, so really I cant comment...

moocow

Most of apples things are not made in the US only designed in the US built in China like everything else.
No no, the Pro line is assembled in US. Even Donny made a yuge deal about it.

So the parts are most likely made in China but it's assembled in US. So my original question about US labor's impact on pricing is still valid.