What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Your opinion on Kotor 3 being a MMO

muse108dc

Personally I'm disgusted they even thought of it and even more repulsed by the thought of them actually doing it. I dont like MMOs mainly because of generally a weak story and the amount of grind in them. Also the fact that the people who play them generally have the mental capacity of a 13 year old (I played a trial once and someone actually asked me to have internet sex with them :help:)and that you have to pay for them monthly. Graphics are also sub par in the ones I've seen.

So what do you think? Bioware's games have generally been good, Kotor 1 still being one of my favorite games but has EA and Lucas Arts finnally gotten to them?

Tazer-[X]

thats a pretty scary online experience for you. Ive always said, mmo, or mmorpg = many men online role playing girls :bananafunky:

Balfrat

Personnaly it doesn't really bother me if they can make a good one and you need to do something to be a jedi or sith because it'll be really weird if everybody is a jedi. I just want to say that they begin to develop the game before EA bought them, you can blame EA on the next game but not this one and Dragon Age, but you can blame EA if they release the game to soon (bugs and thing like that).

Last edited:

TwystedMonkey

Its not the best news but I can't say its suprising. MMORPG's are where the money is and of course the billions the star wars franchise had already made isn't near enough.... the palpable greed eminating from these people is the mental equivalent of the smell of a sewage treatment plant. Its kinda sad because if its done well it could be very VERY enticing... an ewok in Mandalorian armor with a lightsabre would be the shit.... Anyways i kinda hope it sucks because my life is MMORPG free at the moment and i get alot more sleep due to that.

muse108dc

Dragon Age does look good, and as long as EA keeps out of Bioware games as much as possible I will continue buying them.

My bet is you will see a lot more Sith than Jedi but I really see how its going to continue on the path of Kotor, the chance combat will be gone, i fear for the story most of all. I can really see beautiful lightsaber battles happening if Bioware perfects the chance combat, since they can be prearanged essentially.

If its done well I'll be impressed, just hope they make a proper RPG as well. I geuss it can be done well, if they focus on the guts of what made Kotor great I just dont see it. Mind you I am biased against MMOs, really dont like WOW, and the entire sex thing disturbed me but not really to the extent that I was scarred, and really that kinds of people are the ones who really ruined this massive online games, internet=anonimity=lots of assholes on the net

zlojack

Well, it's a bit of a disappointment but really the storyline of KOTOR2 was pretty weak anyway. Especially the ending. I still think it will be fun.

Mibs

KOTOR 2 was so lame compared to the first. I was hoping KOTOR 3 would make up for that, so it is pretty disappointing to hear it's going to be an MMO. But if they can do it right then it will be an amazing game.

zlojack

KOTOR 2 was so lame compared to the first. I was hoping KOTOR 3 would make up for that, so it is pretty disappointing to hear it's going to be an MMO. But if they can do it right then it will be an amazing game.

Big if, but yeah. Could be epic.

muse108dc

Kotor2 wasnt actually made by Bioware as far as I'm aware so I was really hoping that 3 would bring back the awesomeness of 1 after 2 was butchered

edit: it was Obsidian I believe

Chos3n

I only want to have flexibility, you know, If I'm evil and their is a quest giver that wants me to do something and as a reward I get some gold, well I want to kill that NPC and get it ! If they do it that way, It will be a very good game, and so far Bioware produced magnificent games. I got good hopes for that game, and who knows we might see a WoW killer.