What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

z68 gen won't reconize any vid card

sswilson

Staff member
Do you have another vid card to try out in it? If a second card does the same all I'd suggest would be to try a different PSU and at that point I'd start thinking that the board might be toast.

You've tried both slots right?

edit: Not coming down to the big city any time soon are you?

MARSTG

on the bottom of the screen should say which key to use to change values, usually it is + or -

WolfBane

on the bottom of the screen should say which key to use to change values, usually it is + or -
huh
i do not understand so when i am in bios config or whatever what do i hit to change it ?
but i really think you are def on the right path good job bud:)

MARSTG

you should position yourself on the option itself and try to hit + or -, or Enter, I am not used to the UEFI bios, I am still on the old type.

WolfBane

you should position yourself on the option itself and try to hit + or -, or Enter, I am not used to the UEFI bios, I am still on the old type.
yea thats the problem i have is i do not see where to enable it ..... i have lkked in north bridege etc etc i have loooked at all the bios options that i have seen and yet i do not see any where i can enable the v-dt if i could i am sure it would then see the video card etc etc

clshades

I am going to assume your BIOS is current. But like the other guy said get the option highlighted an hit the plus or minus key on your keyboard.

WolfBane

Do you have another vid card to try out in it? If a second card does the same all I'd suggest would be to try a different PSU and at that point I'd start thinking that the board might be toast.

You've tried both slots right?

edit: Not coming down to the big city any time soon are you?
alls i have is a gtx 275 card lol havn't tried it yet , and yupp tried both slots as well , reset bios as well , took out battery and power cord for 30 min as well , i see where i can enable it but it will not do any thing when i click on it

WolfBane

I am going to assume your BIOS is current. But like the other guy said get the option highlighted an hit the plus or minus key on your keyboard.
yes sir i understand that but i cannot get itr to highlight for the life of me lol i will get it working you guys are def right on the money about what the problem is :)
just gotta get it to enable is all :0