What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Z87X-UD3H Overclocking/BIOS Issues

Cptn Vortex

So I've put together this little overclocking setup with the above board, a Pentium Anniversary Edition, and G-Skill 1866mhz RAM (2 x 4GB). For whatever reason, no matter what OC settings I set in bios, the settings just dont stick on reboot and in windows... I've tried both main bios and backup bios's, updated BIOS's, etc. Even just simply leaving everything on auto and changing CPU multiplier from 32 to 33 just reverts back to default upon reboot. What the heck is up with that?

Cptn Vortex

So to make things even more stupid, the settings appear to stick in the BIOS but don't apply when in windows... For example I set CPU ratio to 36 (32 default) in BIOS, apply and restart, and in windows CPUz continues to report 3200GHZ max core speed 32x multiplier. So I restart, go back into BIOS and my OC settings are still loaded... wtf? I have the switches on the board set to MAIN bios and SINGLE bios mode. What the frack is going on? I hate to say it but this is why I almost ALWAYS stay clear of Gigabyte... Might just sell the damn board and go back to an MSI.

**Edit** I should note that I am able to OC using the absolutely terrible "EasyTune" App. I cannot stand using those software solutions. So clearly there is something going on with this board...

Cptn Vortex

Definitely no throttling going on. It's watercooled and full load peaks at 44c. CPUZ just reports a stable 3200mhz when benching. Like I said if I use the crappy easytune application, I can overclock to a degree, but I can not stand those applications. I want to be able to overclock via BIOS.

Cptn Vortex

Well got an RMA approval from Gigabyte... board is going up for sale when I get it back lol... Back to MSI here I go haha.

Bond007

I have never heard of an OC going like that before. Either they don't stick at all (don't work in bios or windows), or they do in both. Good luck with the RMA.

Cptn Vortex

Yea definitely a first for me too. Just plain strange. I'm going to RMA this board, sell it, and I'm picking up a Z87-G45 Gaming MSI board monday. Still going for max budget OC on this so that board fits the bill nicely ($90 NCIX outlet). Plus it has Dragons for heatsinks!!

ZZLEE

That's Redmond versus BIOS. Welcome to UFEI Bios.

My WIN 10 box wont accept any overclock. :censored: Redmond
Should switch back to WIN 7 drives to absolutely confirm.

Latest posts

Twitter