What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Zen 2 Prices Spotted On Asian Disti Site

Bond007

That 3600X looks like a great CPU for the vast majority of people. Fingers crossed the prices are decent.

Marzipan

Prince Rupert, British Columbia, Canuckistan
That 3600X looks like a great CPU for the vast majority of people. Fingers crossed the prices are decent.

yeah, AMD is really pushing the envelop with their core / thread counts. it's really gonna hurt Intel with their ability to manufacture anything and having poor yields with their 10nm tech. was reading an article that talked about an CPU that wasn't expected and likely going to be another revision of their 14nm++ that could have up to 10 cores. :whistle:

ipaine

I think I will be eyeing the 3700X, cause lets face it frequency is still kind with regards to gaming. It has been driving me crazy not upgrading to a 9900k right now, but I just cant when I know these are coming. Of course I will have to see what they are like for actual performance, but if I can hit 5GHz and ideally a bit more with some OCing and have it undercut Intel on price, then I might being going AMD.

belgolas

I think I will be eyeing the 3700X, cause lets face it frequency is still kind with regards to gaming. It has been driving me crazy not upgrading to a 9900k right now, but I just cant when I know these are coming. Of course I will have to see what they are like for actual performance, but if I can hit 5GHz and ideally a bit more with some OCing and have it undercut Intel on price, then I might being going AMD.

Same here. Thinking of switching if it can beat Intel or maybe even match it in gaming performance. Hopefully AMD can sometime in the next year beat Nvidia in the high end GPUs as well as we desperately need competition in that area.

KaptCrunch

note just CPU no cooler and USD I think or yen
AMD-Ryzen-3000-Zen-2-CPU-Price-Specs-Leak.png

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
note just CPU no cooler and USD I think or yen

S at the top would lend me to believe it is Singapore bucks...which are conveniently almost 1-1 for CAD.

3700x works out to be 500 CAD if that chart is correct. For reference, an 9700k is about 580 canuckistan bucks.

KaptCrunch

yes correct singapore $ to cad = .99 cents cad wasn't sure what the S was thanks Sagath

now shipping extra to land on Canadian soil

moocow

Not just shipping cost. Assuming the electronics tariff is still in play, we get hit with it since parts lands on US soil first then ship up to us. Need to check prices in Taiwan and Hong Kong in case they are cheaper there and I can just pick up the parts if I'm in that part of the world.

Latest posts