What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Zen 3 Announcement Live

FreeKnight

Youtube livestream

Looks like clocks are improved on boost closer to intel's offerings which is nice, but not as much as I hoped. Had some good graphics explaining how they've changed the chips L3 cache, etc.

Entz

The 8 CCX should give some nice boosts as was discovered with the 3300X.
28% in Tomb Raider is pretty damm impressive for just a CPU change, assuming no shenanigans. Overall its single core looks very strong finally.

We need independent reviews of course. Lest we go down the RTX 3800 rabbithole again

FreeKnight

We need independent reviews of course. Lest we go down the RTX 3800 rabbithole again

Yep, definitely looking forward to some reviews from HWC, GN, etc. Realistically I'll probably be getting it anyway as I'm not willing to wait for Rocket Lake-S next year to see what Intel's competition is like.

Mr. Friendly

boo on them NOT really talking about the RX 6000 like the taglines for this product launch indicated would be included.

but the CPUs details are impressive.

Entz

Yep, definitely looking forward to some reviews from HWC, GN, etc. Realistically I'll probably be getting it anyway as I'm not willing to wait for Rocket Lake-S next year to see what Intel's competition is like.
Yeah I am replacing my PC this fall regardless, I just really want to see Zen3 match Intel, doesn't even have to beat it but it is easier to sleep at night that way ;)

Dwayne

A good presentation. Gaming performance higher in their selected games. The increase over their own 3900XT is quite impressive, and passing the i9 10900K means they accomplished their goal, even if the increases are not as impressive as over their own offerings, a win is a win.

The price tag at $549 USD puts it around $725 exchange, the 3900X is currently $611 and the XT is $668. I imagine the early Canadian prices will be higher than USD + exchange though. A month out means availability, one hopes. It is just the CPU, so it should be much easier than a GPU.

I'll wait to see what the reviewers have to say, but the presentation makes a strong case to me to build on AMD this upgrade.

Entz

Yeah that is my take away. They don't even have to match the 10900K in gaming it just needs to be close. If it went 10900K 5900X...5600X 10600K , then AMD win by default as you get massively better MT on top. Right now you have to give up a rather large chunk of gaming performance.

Bond007

Very promising. 19%IPC is a solid gain for the same node. Bring on the independent reviews!

even have to match the 10900K in gaming it just needs to be close. If it went 10900K 5900X...5600X 10600K , then AMD win by default as you get massively better MT on top. Right now you have to give up a rather large chun
At 1080p. Move up to 4k and it's not generally very much from what I have seen.

JD

Staff member
Their 640 single thread score on CB20 was pretty impressive. I think I'll probably get a 5950X... but we'll see how things fare. I want a top binned chip this time around though. My 3900X is a really poor sample it seems, and with the move to 8-core chiplets, that means the "bad" dies are being used in the 5600/5900?

The little Radeon tidbit towards the end there looks like they're just barely keeping up with a RTX3080... that was a bit disappointing but I guess we've all kinda been suspecting that.

Latest posts

Twitter