What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Zen 3 Announcement Live

Entz

I am glad they did from an e-waste point of view but I am not a fan of the price increases. The goal is to not out Intel Intel :(

Entz

I think the top end "Big Navi" will be around 15% faster than a 2080 Ti. I believe they said the teaser was a 5900X with a "6000 series" card, so no specific number though. I can't imagine they used a lesser card, but I guess the possibility is there. The small bump from the 5900X would have helped the frames perhaps?

Anyway, it will come down to price and availability I think. If they push out a top end card between a 3080 and 3070 but price it in the middle at $599, and they actually have stock, they will get buyers.
Assuming this is the big big Navi and they are not jebaiting us by not showing the top end, then that is basically what HWC just tweeted and what Anandtech reported as well. Using their best benchmarks, they are slower than a 3080 in gears and a hair faster borderlands. So this is most likely a 3070 killer but won't beat a 3080 in the overall averages.

Will come down to price for sure.

Last edited:

Dwayne

Assuming this is the big big Navi and they are not jebaiting us by not showing the top end, then that is basically what HWC just tweeted and what Anandtech reported as well. Using their best benchmarks, they are slower than a 3080 in gears and a hair faster borderlands. So this is most likely a 3070 killer but won't beat a 3080 in the overall averages.

Will come down to price for sure.

Borderlands 3 on DX12 is a best case for Radeon cards, from what I have read.

OC3D ran BL 3 benchmark on DX12

The Power Color RX 5700 XT outperformed the 2080 Super at 4k :)

No company is above trying to put their best foot forward. Good reason to wait for the real reviews.

Marzipan

Prince Rupert, British Columbia, Canuckistan
really, when you looked at benchmarks of the Zen2 and RX 5000, Intel, AMD and Nvidia pretty much swapped blows and were equal / on par for everything but for a few things. Intel did better with single threaded software due to their higher boost while AMD outdid Intel in multi-threading and nVidia / AMD were equals but for the top end GPU as AMD had nothing for the top end.

Marzipan

Prince Rupert, British Columbia, Canuckistan
actually...something that ticked me off is the lack of any info on when the Renoir APU's would be released to the channel rather than just the OEM's. it wouldn't be so bad if any OEM actually had systems running them available, but I have yet to see a single PC with one.

I know they're a Ryzen 4000...but still, there's a lot of people in anticipation for the 4700X. which makes me wonder if the 5700X is being reserved for an upcoming APU... :unsure:

lowfat

Staff member
The prices of the 5800x / 5600x just don't make sense to me. 10700k is cheaper and faster than 5800x by a decent amount. The ~$400 CAD 5600x don't make much sense either. Seems rather expensive for the cheapest 5000 series cpu. Comparable to the 10600k but 10600k is likely to clock higher.

Dwayne

I am a little disappointed by the hyperbole from a lot of the Tech Tube folks with the thumbnails and shade thrown at Intel. It feels like pandering to the louder AMD fanbois, instead of a level headed assessment the tech involved. "RIP Intel" "Final Bullet" and other goofy statements just play to the comment section instead of providing unbiased commentary.

AMD looks like the have provided a great product, at a price that is similar to Intel offerings now.

Entz

I would agree, the worst part is there isn't any benchmarks. Nor have we seen the fallout. Intel may truly be matched, but never underestimate a company with more cash then they know what to do with. Getting into a price war with Intel is something AMD cannot match. Want to maintain mind share... 10900k is now $449 .. mic drop...

Bond007

I would agree, the worst part is there isn't any benchmarks. Nor have we seen the fallout. Intel may truly be matched, but never underestimate a company with more cash then they know what to do with. Getting into a price war with Intel is something AMD cannot match. Want to maintain mind share... 10900k is now $449 .. mic drop...

I agree with you, except there there already is limited 10900k stock. Apparently they are having issues getting sufficient chips to reach those clocks and that is why they released the 10850k.

Latest posts