What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Zoom! Airline goes poof and screws ALOT of people...

TwystedMonkey

So Zoom! the airline that my Aunt and my Cousin were supposed to be using to fly over from Scotland for my wedding has completely impoded. The airline primarily flew within Canada and Europe. And apparently they have left alot of people from the britain stranded and are offering no help at all getting home. Customer service has ceased to exist along with ALL there flights. As much as I am worried about my Aunt and Cousin still being able to come over for my wedding I feel so sorry for all those people stranded. Apparently if you paid through a Credit Card you should be able to get your money back but if you paid with cash your out of luck... They already ow alot of people money and I bet after the lawsuits start rolling in its only gonna get worse for Zoom!.

Mecher

Sorry to hear about your Family not being able to fly Zoom over here, at least they were not here when they folded with no way to get home... that sucks about all the people getting stranded, appartently there was 220 people stranded in halifax with no way or getting home! Actually, there are people all over Canada and Europe stranded. That sucks, plus expensive. I was looking on CBC news, and people were buying tickets up until yesterday morning. Thats wrong, selling tickets the day they announce that the airline is folding...:angry2:

vulcan500rider

The same thing happened when Canada 3000 folded, and I think the government is going to have to start insuring that airlines have some sort of bond in a effect that would finance flights or fund seats on a competing airline for X amount of time after declaring bankruptcy. Unfortunately, that probably wouldn't help people like you aunt and cousin, TwystedMonkey, but at least it would insure that people aren't stranded somewhere else with no way to get home.

magictorch

That really sucks. Seems like a couple of airlines have stepped in to clear the backlog but it looks like a nightmare. I almost used Zoom airlines myself for a trip to the UK last week, so glad I didn't now!

Not sure it was the best airline anyway, had some freinds over last year from the UK and they were stuck in Halifax for 14hours after the plane got struck by lightning in the UK and they didnt have a spare.

Amon

My boss's family flying out of Glasgow to Toronto were also sacked. It's a shame. I'm curious about which of the exhaustive number of EU fair business laws will be enforced...:blarg:

SKYMTL

HardwareCanuck Review Editor
Staff member
Anyone remember JetsGo? They left me stranded in the Dominican for a while until WestJet pciked up the slack, dropped me off in Toronto and I had to drive to Montreal at midnight in a snowstorm.