GIGABYTE BRIX Review; A Mini Powerhouse?
At face value, 7-Zip is a simple compression/decompresion tool like popular applications like WinZip and WinRAR but it also has numerous additional functions that can allow encryption, decryption and other options. For this test, we use the standard built-in benchmark which focuses on raw multi-threaded throughput.
3ds MAX Corona Renderer
Autodesk’s 3ds MAX is currently one of the most-used 3D modeling, animation and rendering programs on the market, providing a creative platform for architects to industrial designers alike. Unfortunately its rendering algorithms leave much to be desired and third party rendering add-ons are quite popular. One of the newest ones is called Corona.
In this test we take a custom 3D scene of a room with global illumination enabled and render it out in 720P using Corona’s built-in renderer.
Real world testing puts the i7-7500U ahead, especially in rendering where it shaved a good 10% off Corona’s times. Now I wouldn’t recommend the BRIX for rendering but in a pinch it can get the job done….you’ll just have to be very patient.
- System Benchmarks: Cinebench
- System Benchmarks: PCMark 8 / WPrime
- Productivity Benchmarks: 7-Zip / Corona
- Productivity Benchmarks: GIMP / Handbrake
- Productivity Benchmarks: POV Ray / WinRAR
- Gaming Performance (Synthetic)
- Gaming Performance (DOTA 2 & DOOM)
- Gaming Performance (Overwatch 2 & Trine 2)
- Power Consumption / Temperatures & Acoustics
- Conclusion; Challenges but Kaby Lake Shines Through