GIGABYTE BRIX Review; A Mini Powerhouse?
3DMark Cloud Gate (DX11)
3DMark’s Cloud Gate benchmark is targeted towards entry-level PC’s and as such, it presents tests that are lighter in nature but still represent some of today’s most popular gaming scenarios.
3DMark Sky Diver (DX11)
When compared against Cloud Gate, Sky Diver steps things up a notch with different tests and a slightly higher resolution. It is meant to tax mid-tier systems.
The BRIX with its low voltage CPU was never created to offer a superlative gaming experience. While the Kaby Lake processor uses the exact same integrated GPU design as Skylake, frequencies and internal efficiencies have been improved so its results are higher.
- System Benchmarks: Cinebench
- System Benchmarks: PCMark 8 / WPrime
- Productivity Benchmarks: 7-Zip / Corona
- Productivity Benchmarks: GIMP / Handbrake
- Productivity Benchmarks: POV Ray / WinRAR
- Gaming Performance (Synthetic)
- Gaming Performance (DOTA 2 & DOOM)
- Gaming Performance (Overwatch 2 & Trine 2)
- Power Consumption / Temperatures & Acoustics
- Conclusion; Challenges but Kaby Lake Shines Through