Crucial DDR4-2133 32GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
Test Setups & Methodology
For this review, we are going to be testing a variety of different frequency and timing configurations while also attempting to keep the CPU and Uncore clocks are identical as possible across all of those configurations. The components and software are the same across all six configurations, and aside from manually selecting the multipliers, frequencies, timings, and voltages in the manual overclock configurations, every option in the BIOS was at its default setting.
For all of the benchmarks, appropriate lengths are taken to ensure an equal comparison through methodical setup, installation, and testing. The following outlines our testing methodology:
A) Windows is installed using a full format.
B) Chipset drivers and accessory hardware drivers (audio, network, GPU) are installed.
C)To ensure consistent results, a few tweaks are applied to Windows 7 and the NVIDIA control panel:
- UAC – Disabled
- Indexing – Disabled
- Superfetch – Disabled
- System Protection/Restore – Disabled
- Problem & Error Reporting – Disabled
- Remote Desktop/Assistance – Disabled
- Windows Security Center Alerts – Disabled
- Windows Defender – Disabled
- Screensaver – Disabled
- Power Plan – High Performance
- V-Sync – Off
D) All available Windows updates are then installed.
E) All programs are installed and then updated, followed by a defragment.
F) Benchmarks are each run three to eight times, and unless otherwise stated, the results are then averaged.
Here is a full list of the applications that we utilized in our benchmarking suite:
- 3DMark Vantage Professional Edition v1.1.3
- 3DMark11 Professional Edition v22.214.171.124
- 3DMark 2013 Professional Edition v1.5.915
- AIDA64 Extreme Edition v5.50.3600
- Cinebench R15 64-bit
- FAHBench 1.2.0
- Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward Benchmark
- Grand Theft Auto V
- HEVC Decode Benchmark (Cobra) v1.61
- LuxMark v3.0
- Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor
- PCMark 8
- SuperPi Mod v1.9 WP
- Sisoft Sandra 2015.SP3 20.28
- Valve Particle Simulation Benchmark v126.96.36.199
- WinRAR x64 5.30 beta 6
- wPRIME version v2.10
- X3: Terran Conflict Demo v1.0
That is about all you need to know methodology wise, so let’s get to the good stuff!