The NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB Review
The Hitman franchise has been around in one way or another for the better part of a decade and this latest version is arguably the best looking. Adjustable to both DX11 and DX12 APIs, it has a ton of graphics options, some of which are only available under DX12.
For our benchmark we avoid using the in-game benchmark since it doesn’t represent actual in-game situations. Instead the second mission in Paris is used. Here we walk into the mansion, mingle with the crowds and eventually end up within the fashion show area.
Overwatch happens to be one of the most popular games around right now and while it isn’t particularly stressful upon a system’s resources, its Epic setting can provide a decent workout for all but the highest end GPUs. In order to eliminate as much variability as possible, for this benchmark we use a simple “offline” Bot Match so performance isn’t affected by outside factors like ping times and network latency.
- A Closer Look at the GTX 1060 Founders Edition
- Test System & Setup
- Performance Consistency Over Time
- DX11 / 1080P: Doom / Fallout 4
- 1080P: Far Cry 4 / Grand Theft Auto V
- DX11 / 1080P: Hitman / Overwatch
- DX11 / 1080P: Rise of the Tomb Raider/ SW Battlefront
- DX11 / 1080P: The Division / Witcher 3
- DX11 / 1440P: Doom / Fallout 4
- DX11 / 1440P: Far Cry 4 / Grand Theft Auto V
- DX11 / 1440P: Hitman / Overwatch
- DX11 / 1440P: Rise of the Tomb Raider / SW Battlefront
- DX11 / 1440P: The Division / Witcher 3
- DX12 / 1080P: Ashes of the Singularity / Hitman
- DX12 / 1080P: Quantum Break / Rise of the Tomb Raider
- DX12 / 1440P: Ashes of the Singularity / Hitman
- DX12 / 1440P: Quantum Break / Rise of the Tomb Raider
- Thermal Imaging / Acoustics / Power Consumption
- Overclocking Results