The NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti Performance Review
Years from now people likely won’t be asking if a GPU can play Crysis, they’ll be asking if it was up to the task of playing Quantum Break with all settings maxed out. This game was launched as a horribly broken mess but it has evolved into an amazing looking tour de force for graphics fidelity. It also happens to be a performance killer.
Though finding an area within Quantum Break to benchmark is challenging, we finally settled upon the first level where you exit the elevator and find dozens of SWAT team members frozen in time. It combines indoor and outdoor scenery along with some of the best lighting effects we’ve ever seen.
Rise of the Tomb Raider
Another year and another Tomb Raider game. This time Lara’s journey continues through various beautifully rendered locales. Like Hitman, Rise of the Tomb Raider has both DX11 and DX12 API paths and incorporates a completely pointless built-in benchmark sequence.
The benchmark run we use is within the Soviet Installation level where we start in at about the midpoint, run through a warehouse with some burning its and then finish inside a fenced-in area during a snowstorm.[/I]
- Test System, Setup & Methodologies
- DX11 / 1440P: Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare / Fallout 4
- DX11 / 1440P: Grand Theft Auto V / Overwatch
- DX11 / 1440P: Titanfall 2 / Witcher 3
- DX12 / 1440P: Battlefield 1 / Deus Ex – Mankind Divided
- DX12 + Vulkan / 1440P: The Division / Doom
- DX12 / 1440P: Gears of War / Hitman
- DX12 / 1440P: Quantum Break / Rise of the Tomb Raider
- DX11 / 4K: Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare / Fallout 4
- DX11 / 4K: Grand Theft Auto V / Overwatch
- DX11 / 4K: Titanfall 2 / Witcher 3
- DX12 / 4K: Battlefield 1 / Deus Ex – Mankind Divided
- DX12 + Vulkan / 4K: The Division / Doom
- DX12 / 4K: Gears of War / Quantum Break
- DX12 / 4K: Quantum Break / Rise of the Tomb Raider
- Analyzing Temperatures & Frequencies Over Time
- Acoustics & Power Consumption
- Overclocking Results - Pushing Past 2GHz
- Conclusion; The Fastest Just Got More "Affordable"