What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

7900xt waterblocks?

Izerous

Folding Team
Normally by this point Daz would nomrally have a selection of waterblocks compatible with a few cards but him AMD inventory is small for the 7900XT/XTX.

-Watercool: doesn't even appear to list 7900 anything on their official website.
-Alphacool: appears to have one compatible with cards I can find in stock locally but I have never ordered direct from them usually companies like that get destroyed on custom/duties when ordering direct.
-Koolance: appears to have left the CPU/GPU market.
-EK: I generally avoid them and always have over the past 20 years
-Primochill: doesn't appear to list anything

Alphacool is the only non-ek water block I have found and direct seems to be the only in stock option...

Who am I missing?

JD

Staff member
EK dominates the market I'd say, just don't like them for their controversies? I would think a straight copper/acetal version would be the least to go wrong, though I haven't had any issues with my nickel + plexi EK blocks over all these years.

Bykski or Barrow perhaps? Phanteks and Corsair would be the other 2 missing from your list, but they don't have any.

Izerous

Folding Team
EK dominates the market I'd say, just don't like them for their controversies?
Their history of questionable nickel plating means with giant aluminum radiators that I have zero intention of replacing I steer clear of their stuff.

Two of these staying where they are.

Edit: When I started liquid cooling it was with full Koolance stuff which was all nickel/gold plated and aluminum radiators. The temperature difference wasn't even what it was played up to be because the manufacturing was always different. The way the fins are attached to an aluminum radiator vs copper actually favored aluminum negating some of the difference of themal capabilities of aluminum vs copper back then. I mean copper always won but not by the margins people thought. Combine that with the cheaper price of aluminum radiators for the same price I often had 50% more surface area due to having more radiators for an overall win.

Last edited:

ZZLEE

https://www.aquatuning.us/ They ships UPS from Germany and the cost of shipping includes all fees. At least it was that way many years ago when I purchased there.

:)

Last edited:

Izerous

Folding Team
Broke down and ordered the ASrock Phantom 7900XTX via newegg that is marked down a little right now. Alphacool has a block for it but out of stock atm so have to wait on inventory.

1080ti FE -> 7900XTX isn't going to be a small improvement. And I'm not going to complain too loudly about getting 6 solid years out of a single video card.

-2000 series was overpriced - AMD not worth discussing
-3000 series by the time the scalpers and miners were done with it waterblock compatibility was out the window - AMD still not worth discussing
-4000 series I just about ordered a 4070ti instead but the first generation of this connector bothers me as mentioned previously. I already have a bend in the cables to clear the side panel etc.

Lysrin

*snip*
-3000 series by the time the scalpers and miners were done with it waterblock compatibility was out the window - AMD still not worth discussing
What do ya mean not worth discussing??!! I'm very happy with my 1080 Ti to 6800 XT upgrade! :)

Just kidding. That jump to the 7900XTX is going to fantastic! Congrats! Looking forward to seeing the pics when things are all installed ;)

Izerous

Folding Team
Compared to the 1080ti the 6800xt was a noticeable improvement for sure but felt seriously overshadowed by the 3000 series performance wise. I didn't feel like it was something I could keep for multiple years to come without being tempted to replace it in a year or two.

Lysrin

Compared to the 1080ti the 6800xt was a noticeable improvement for sure but felt seriously overshadowed by the 3000 series performance wise. I didn't feel like it was something I could keep for multiple years to come without being tempted to replace it in a year or two.
Well, the 7900XTX is certainly faster, but the 6800 XT is the same raw overall performance as the 3080 in most things, some games slightly higher, some games slightly lower, with its only real issue being ray tracing. It definitely fell behind the 3080 in that, but that was less important to me. More important to me was the 16GB of VRAM that came with the 6800 XT. And I did get mine used of course so that made the price/performance upgrade very good.

Anyway, doesn't matter, you have the 7900XTX at this point so enjoy!

JD

Staff member
Broke down and ordered the ASrock Phantom 7900XTX via newegg that is marked down a little right now. Alphacool has a block for it but out of stock atm so have to wait on inventory.
I presume the ASRock 7900XTX Aqua never made it up here eh? Might have been a little cheaper perhaps, like my AORUS 4080 with waterblock was less than buying a card + block.

It seems like watercooling is relatively popular, yet there's so few choices that come pre-blocked.

Izerous

Folding Team
I presume the ASRock 7900XTX Aqua never made it up here eh? Might have been a little cheaper perhaps, like my AORUS 4080 with waterblock was less than buying a card + block.

It seems like watercooling is relatively popular, yet there's so few choices that come pre-blocked.
If i had seen something like that available via a retailer I would have definitely made it an option, not just easy of use since it comes pre-installed but the warranty too, install fitting fill it up and forget about it. I saw a lot with AIOs pre-attached for ridiculous markups but not just a waterblock.

$100 off right now did help justify covering the cost the waterblock.

And I recall the 6800xt coming in a lot lower than the 3080 but checking more recent benchmarks i'm obviosuly mistaken about that. Even compared to the 3080ti it seems to hold it's own for that I looked over.

Latest posts