What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Antec 900 and WC

LooseCannon

I'm running a x6800 @ 3.4ghz on air in a 900 right now but with summer coming i figure i'll move to WC.
I'd like to move from the 900 to a full tower but when i hinted at it i believe "New case!? maybe when hell freezes over!" was the reply i got from my wife (wives don't understand that we need this stuff!) so i'm stuck with the space constraints of the 900

I've been lucky with getting free cpu's from a friend and i have a qx6700 sitting here that i may use,not sure yet.

Any recomendations with WC and the 900 ? i'm looking at a simple loop to start(it's a version 1 without the pre drilled holes for tubing in the back) but thats not an issue. I am 99% i'll end up with a rad box and a 240 rad of some kind.

Thanks

3.0charlie

3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
Simple loop?

Swiftech MCP-355
Swiftech Apogee GT
Swiftech MCR-220-QP-RES
Swiftech Radbox

Simple. But a WC setup can cost more than a new case...

And welcome to the forums.

LooseCannon

I know it can but a case is a case to my wife :doh:

And she may not nocice the rad hanging off the back of it :ph34r:

3.0charlie

3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
Then go for it - that setup has a very small footprint and is easy to install in any case. But don't forget to add some air cooling around the CPU area and the NB cooler, since the HSF will be removed - common mistake from 1st-time WC builders.

All parts can be found at NCIX, btw.

(my wife too does not notice anything new with my rigs - ain't it great?)

b1lk1

I have an Antec 900 and I am going to be setting it up for water cooling. I'll post some pictures tomorrow. I will be putting that Swiftech MCR-220 radiator internal too.

sswilson

Staff member
I have an Antec 900 and I am going to be setting it up for water cooling. I'll post some pictures tomorrow. I will be putting that Swiftech MCR-220 radiator internal too.

I was going to suggest that two 120mm rads could be forced to fit inside the 900, but your idea sounds better.... looking forward to seeing the pics!!!

M

Misoprostol

personally I hate the 900. Too cramped for me. If you pull this off, post some pics....

JD

Staff member
Looks like something I was going to put in my Antec 900 but never got around to it.

Though I was going to use the MCP350/355 pump with 3/8" tubing instead of 1/2".

You might want to consider the Fesser One fluid instead of buying 2 sets of additives. Might also want to get the DTEK FuZion instead of the Apogee GT.

e_1337

Looks like something I was going to put in my Antec 900 but never got around to it.

Though I was going to use the MCP350/355 pump with 3/8" tubing instead of 1/2".

You might want to consider the Fesser One fluid instead of buying 2 sets of additives. Might also want to get the DTEK FuZion instead of the Apogee GT.

Is that directed at me? I looked for that CPU block on NCIX I didn't see it listed.

Latest posts