What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Scythe GT 1850RPM Vs. CM Excalibur 2000RPM

Which fan would you use?

• Scythe 120mm Gentle Typhoon 1850RPM

Votes: 7 87.5%
  • CoolerMaster Excalibur 2000RPM

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters

TokeR

I can get GT's for $19.00 and the CM Excaliburs for $20.50.

I'm just curious as to which is better now days? I have GT's currently cooling my XSPC RX360 Radiator but I am coming up on a upgrade and will need to buy new fans for a additional 240mm radiator anyway.

So for cooling a pretty open radiator like a XSPC RX360 & 240mm which is better? I know Excalibur has better specs but I still see people running the Gentle Typhoons for radiators even on new builds so I'm curious.

Footman

The Excaliburs are pretty good fans but noisier than the Gt's. I replaced my GT's recently with some Bitfenix Spectre Pro's. I was running the GT's at 7V and now run the Bitfenix Spectres at 12v and have not noticed any difference in performance. Betfenix would have you believe these are high static pressure fans for rads and heatsinks and at 1200rpm's I am inclined to agree. If you are just after out and out performance and don't care about noise then I still think that the GT's are hard to beat at 1850rpm's or higher....

Adzsask

NOTHING, and I mean absolutely nothing short of super expensive, super thick fans designed for use on only radiators. This is about the only fan that is going to be noticeably better then a GT at the same, or lower noise with lower then stock speeds. I have literally tried over 20 types of fans, the only one that even came close was the feser 55mm thick fans, and they had to be slowed down with a fan controller.(I HATE fan controllers, hence only using GT AP-15's now)

KylSp

You can get AP-15 GT's for as low as $12.50 if you look in the right places. Sorry to say but $20 for these is a ripoff.

TokeR

There are bigger rip off's than that here surrounding computer parts & repairs I can assure you. Just blatantly scamming people exploiting their lack of knowledge on computers.

Anyway thanks for your feed back on the poll everyone appreciate it.