What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Let's go Team !!

LoTech

Folding Team
Where can I find out what "type of core " units I am receiving? Is it the part in the "log" that says
0x17 as each percentage is completed? If so looks like mine are on 17 but cpu is on 0xa4. Is that ok? I find my cpu PPD is a joke. I have a 3820, 3930, and i7 2700k and combined I bet I don't get 50K a day on them. What the heck is with that, might as well shut it off for the power they use and running at 100 on the threads available.

lowfat

Staff member
I haven't found CPU folding to be worth it in a few years. I didn't even fold on a 3930K as 30k PPD wasn't worth the power it consumed. Only time I fold w/ my CPU is too stress test to see if an overclock is stable. :biggrin:

As for the Core 17 WUs. You need to enable the beta flags to get these WUs.

akira749

I'll to delete the slots...

EDIT :

I can't believe it.....at first I deleted the work the gpu was doing and re-started it but it would still grab a stupid 8018 (core 15) WU. So I destroyed it again and tried something I never tought...I changed the value of the client-type from "advanced" to "beta" and BANG core 17 are back!!! From the readings I saw "advanced" and "beta" were the same thing....I will not go back to "adavanced" :whistle:

Thanks Lowfat!!!

Last edited:

LoTech

Folding Team
8900 WU's and gtx 660's

Quick question. Is anyone else folding with gtx660's and finding that the 8900 wus are taking much longer? I have reinstalled the client twice but still getting eta's of 15 hours or more. TPFs of 10 mins or more. I have configured to run with the beta flag on one card and not on the other. The none beta flag slot is getting 8018 ( the dreaded) wus. Seems to me they are really taking a lot longer on the 660's now than say 1-2 weeks ago. Anybody want to chime in???

lowfat

Staff member
I moved your post to a more relevant thread since it didn't actually have to do with 8018 WUs.

What drivers are you using? If you aren't using a GTX780 or you should be using to 326.80 or older. Anything newer will cripple performance.

From another thread.

fishingfanatic

Let's Go Team!

Great oces LF. Is everything under water?

Ok, I'm just doing a little bit of pre emptive info searching. I'm going to fold for us in my father's name for a day or 2 with the tri and quad setups, though if I run them at the same time there might be a power

outage...:haha::rofl::haha:

What I need to know is what's best to run, how to go about getting the best 1s available to run for both setups. I won't be loading anything other than win7 64bit.

Curious, is it better to run with say just the OS drive. Less power draw in just a SSD over running both that and a spindle drive backup, and unnecessary I think...:whistle:

Also for the CC I loaded a fresh install and didn't add my usual anti virus,.... so less background stuff running for ocing in that particular scenario.

FF
:biggrin:

Latest posts