What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Looking at new PSUs

Izerous

Folding Team
My AX1200 is something like 10 years old now and well with SLI dead, and me downsizing my desktop over time heavily modified PC2-901 to an 800D then down to a comparatively small 011 Dynamic i'm more likely to go even smaller in the future and I have been starting to look at PSU options.

I was thinking something like the SF750 might still have enough room (I need to run power tests again) and if my next build steps right down to itx form factor (quite likely) it's something I could continue to use without replacing yet again. Are there any others that really stand out as amazing options in the SF form factors?

Or some especially good standard sized ones to look at. I don't normally keep up with PSU's because I go so long between changing them.

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
I'd start any research with this;

Crowdsourced tiered list of (most) PSUs.

Izerous

Folding Team

That list looks really useful I'll have to review in more detail.

clshades

jesus

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
err ...mebe there is a new list cause the last time this one was updated is over 5 months ago and the title was edited to add "end of life"?
There's more info (and current) if you open up the spreadsheet.

I believe the author has moved it off LTT to discord. I don't follow the politics over there, and rarely visit so I can't comment as to why that is the case.

Still even a 5 month old list is better then individually researching all these power supplies. Generally speaking, PSUs don't change like SSDs

Izerous

Folding Team
Before20220112_210719.jpg
20220112_210758.jpg

After
20220112_220028.jpg
20220112_220112.jpg

Ended up using all the cables but one. The Strimmer stuff needs Sata power, and the pumps and radiator fans multiplexers are molex connections. Combined with not wanting to use the pci-express y-splitter built in ran both pci-express cables to the GPU lines.

With the PSU now mounted in the top when I do the fluid change I'll relocate the pumps below the PSU instead of in the main chamber and replace the res with the distro plate.

Distro plate came with no hardware or instructions so still need to figure out how to mount it.

Latest posts