What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Minisforum NAB6 & NPB6

Cypher^64

I must say, I am really quite impressed with these little machines.

So much so, I'm bringing some in to use in various spots around the office.

If the hardware doesn't die prematurely, these will be perfect machines for areas that are tight on space. Mounting to the monitor will really help with space savings.

sswilson

Staff member
Have you done any testing with the ID/IPS settings yet? There was quite an IPS bandwidth penalty when I tested it on my N100 system, I'm curious to know how big of a difference a relatively beefy processor makes.

As far as the format goes.... yeah, I'm impressed with both my beelink N100 and Trigkey N95 mini PCs. For use as a general use PC, and/or firewall they're amazing so long as the hardware holds up.

I've been a fan of the format for quite a while, my AM1 system was mITX but I had it in a very small package since the board used a power brick instead of needing an internal PSU.

Cypher^64

Not yet, I just have the basic setup and some forwarding rules at the moment. Going to be taking a much needed week off work in a couple weeks and set it up.

Izerous

Folding Team
I'm replacing an older server with one in the office. No raid support because of the single NVMe slot but it will have automated backups when fully setup and it will suit the use case with a fraction of the power draw.

My only complaint for the use case besides the lack of a second NVMe slot (at least a raid 1 would be nice) is the lack of repairability. Atleast hacking together a desktop from memory express I can fix it on site as needed. This thing anything happens to the machine and it is basically garbage.

Cypher^64

I kind of want this one:

I've been wanting one of these as well. I've been trying to think of a use for it, but really can't think of anything except for proxmox again to mess around with other OS's. Having 10g nic's is pretty sweet. Hope they become available on amazon soon, I might grab one and move Plex to (total overkill) it and find another use for the NPB6 (or sell it). Having the 10g nic in it now that I have 10g switches, sure makes this enticing.

Plus, have a 3rd one mounted above the 2 I already have would be more "symmetrical" :)

Last edited:

JD

Staff member
I kind of want this one:

Yeah... I don't need it but it would be cool to replace my mATX Ryzen boxes with these. Much smaller footprint, maybe a little less power. Fits the 22110 drives I have too.

Cypher^64

Yeah... I don't need it but it would be cool to replace my mATX Ryzen boxes with these. Much smaller footprint, maybe a little less power. Fits the 22110 drives I have too.

What do you use your mATX boxes for? Give me a reason too fulfill me need for one :)

JD

Staff member
What do you use your mATX boxes for? Give me a reason too fulfill me need for one :)
Well I'm a Windows sysadmin so it's mostly a lab, though my machines are all AD-joined, SCCM, Azure/Entra hybrid, etc...

I have 2x ASRock Rack mATX Ryzen systems (X470/3600/64GB and X570/3900X/128GB), as a Hyper-V replica (not clustered though). All NVMe storage in them. 10G network. I do run a tiny bit of Linux too for some containers. Largely overkill/unnecessary, but then we wouldn't be here right? :D

But when that MS-01 came out I was like "wow, it fits my usage exactly", so their product development team nailed it IMO.

Latest posts