What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

moocow

How big of critters are we talking about? I'm in the North Shore area of Greater Vancouver and I seen people put up large / tall wire fencing to keep out deer but not sure how well that worked since they could hop over. I had bears punch thru a wooden fence to get my neighbor's apple tree a few years back.

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
Chipmunks are way more destructive towards garden veggies I found, at least when I was living in Ontario. And you cant stop those fuckers unless you trap or kill them. I'm very glad we dont have squirrels/coons or chipmunks out here in 'Berta. My garden is even more glad :LOL:

Not sure where you live, but if its only squirrels or 'coons, I wouldnt even bother for tomatoes. Id be surprised if they go for them. 'Coons would rather a trashbin than a tomato, unless they're starving, Id guess. I've never seen a squirrel go for anything but nuts, and treefruit (Apples) in Ontario, anyways.

Shadowmeph

chicken wire also keep branches trimmed away from roofs and other trees at least 20 feet because they can jump very far as for raccoon they are very smart so probably the same but still they are very smart.

ZZLEE

Slugs Use a beer bait they will drink and die.

Rodents use a predator urine and a electric fence.

Latest posts