What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

A Place for Streamers

draemn

Yes. I follow a few streamers. Expel for warzone, very entertaining. Jays2cents for hardware and gaming, he's also a bit of a clown but entertaining none-the-less. I follow a few others for gun info/meta builds.

My son wants to steam content. He's perfect for it because he never shuts up lol.
What are some of the qualities you like about streamers? I mostly watch stuff on youtube, but the algorithm is really starting to get frustrating as it constantly tries to push the exact same stuff x1000. I tried browsing twitch the other day to see what is good about streamers and every one I clicked on with large views just seemed like people happy to sit and spam chat while the streamer just acted like they're a teenager?

clshades

What are some of the qualities you like about streamers? I mostly watch stuff on youtube, but the algorithm is really starting to get frustrating as it constantly tries to push the exact same stuff x1000. I tried browsing twitch the other day to see what is good about streamers and every one I clicked on with large views just seemed like people happy to sit and spam chat while the streamer just acted like they're a teenager?

Expel has the best quality videos. He records raw 4k and brings it back down to 1440 for you tube. Ya need decent hardware to pull that off. I've never watched him live on Twitch so I don't know how it goes. I think most live Twitch streamers just run it off the cuff and hope for the best to be honest.

I hear ya about YouTube. I love watching old fight videos about Pacquiao and some of the other greats. The problem is if you watch some random vid all I see are more of the same... Pretty annoying tbh.

Google and you tube definately know how to drop someone into a bubble.

draemn

I did a thing for Halo Infinite

I've been streaming a bit of the multiplayer and I ended up be fairly impressed while not being impressed all that much. Definitely see a little more play time in my future. I like how ranked is so "basic" and you can be really good with just the stock weapon.

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
I did a thing for Halo Infinite

I've been streaming a bit of the multiplayer and I ended up be fairly impressed while not being impressed all that much. Definitely see a little more play time in my future. I like how ranked is so "basic" and you can be really good with just the stock weapon.

Game is broken unless you're using a controller. They need to fix aim assist bigtime. But this isnt particular to just HI imo, most games have a competitive edge to controllers.

I gave up pritty quick after getting snap shotted for a few hours.

draemn

I don't know where that person was able to collect those statistics to plot them? From what I can tell, there is NO way to know in a crossplay match which player is using a controller vs which one is using a kbm, so it is possible the game doesn't give the same aim assist in crossplay as it does in controller only.

I do find that the more I play it, the easier it is to see people leaving the game and it quickly getting into the state of "well, this isn't fun anymore and too many matches the teams just aren't fun." It is hard to say as people might hold on and keep playing more than I expect. I think the big issue will be the player base... if people don't leave after the novelty wears off (of it being a new game, etc), it will probably do just fine... otherwise you'll start running into problems.

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team

Soultribunal

Staff member

Game is broken unless you're using a controller. They need to fix aim assist bigtime. But this isnt particular to just HI imo, most games have a competitive edge to controllers.

I gave up pritty quick after getting snap shotted for a few hours.
I turn off Aim Assist when I play.
Its off for Enlisted as it messes with my Bolt Action Gameplay.

-ST

draemn

What are your thoughts on https://ko-fi.com/ vs just setting up a paypal donate?

Although ko-fi is trying to after the patron market place, it's definitely quite a bit different as the general idea is "people just randomly give you money" without creating the culture and community of "give me money to get extra perks!"

I think it probably has some advantages over just saying "here's my paypal" but I don't know if it offers enough to invest in over patreon. I've seen a few users moving towards ko-fi because of the lack of fees... and I can only speculate due to the lack of "effort" because there are no commitments to make for your different tiers of supporters.

Soultribunal

Staff member
What are your thoughts on https://ko-fi.com/ vs just setting up a paypal donate?

Although ko-fi is trying to after the patron market place, it's definitely quite a bit different as the general idea is "people just randomly give you money" without creating the culture and community of "give me money to get extra perks!"

I think it probably has some advantages over just saying "here's my paypal" but I don't know if it offers enough to invest in over patreon. I've seen a few users moving towards ko-fi because of the lack of fees... and I can only speculate due to the lack of "effort" because there are no commitments to make for your different tiers of supporters.

The monetization side of it, I have really no idea about as of yet. I only have 29 followers now, and still need another 21 before I get to a stage where I need to worry about that for places for viewer support of the channel.
I also still have more work to do on my Channel to get it looking better too, but one step at a time.

For me, personally, when I stream I do try and be interactive and listed to the viewers on what they want to see me do in the game. Sometimes its just game play. Other times its a review on a specific gun or mechanic, or map etc.
I don't want to become one of those guys thats like "Ha! I do what I want, givez me da moneyz!".

I do swear a lot though lol. Not like a teenager, but like someone who is just having a wild time. I actually had my highest viewership during yesterdays stream.

And one with my wife and I.

-ST

Latest posts