What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

adding a second gpu

Jaydu

hey I am just curious right now I have my i7-920 at oc'd to 3.8 and I have one gtx460 oc'd to C.C=855,S.C. 1710 and M.C 1930 right now my system runs really sweet at full load on gpu and cpu my temp on my gpu is 42 and my temp on my cpu is 70. Anyway my question is if I add a second GPU how much heat does a second gpu add in. just ruff.

just curious if anyone has every figured that out.

thanks for any help

Sleal

I think it depends on your watercooling system. If you have full cover blocks the temps will be higher because of the ram chips being cooled aswell. Also, think about if you want to have them in series or parallel. I went series and now am regretting and wishing I had gone parallel because one card at full load is at 56* and the other is at 67*. Also it depends on what kind of radiator you have and the configuration it's in. A 480 with 8 push/pull fans will have a better cooling efficiency until saturation than say a 240 with 2 push fans.

Hope that helped some! I'm still learning too though so don't take my advice as gold

KaptCrunch

what pump, rad, tubing ?

rez>pump>cpu>2 gpu's parrelle>rad

would be the order to go with

Jaydu

yeah sorry forgot to tell what my cooling is. My Radiator is a XSPC RX240 with push pull configuration, My waterblocks are koolance CPU-340 and a VID-NX460. THen I have a reservoir is a koolance RP-401x2 with a single ddc 3.25 18 w pump, and tubing is 7/16 with barbs

Last edited:

Adzsask

Pretty sure a 240mm can handle another 460, I run SLI 460 it is stronger then ppl think, top card gets 12C hotter when fully loaded with stock cooling.

Feanor

I'm running two msi gtx 460 cyclone edition, watercooled with mcw-60 from swiftech, as the ram and vrm are not cooled by anything on the stock cooler (added a fan on top of the vrm just to be safe).

My temps are around 40c full load (they are both oced to 910 core, 1,087v), with a difference of 1 degree between the first and second gpu. They are cooled by a swiftech mcr320 (slim) rad, which (i think) is roughly the same performance as a rx240.

I don't see any problem from adding another gpu to your loop. The gtx 460 are so much fun to play with!

KaptCrunch

Feanor what pump?

Jaydu run another (same) pump or go with a D5 for less heat dump in loop
rp-401x2_p3.jpg

Latest posts