What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Asus DH x570 Cpu Killer?

gingerbee

eh it's a giant pain in the ass but at least all of the hardware seems to work, maybe just not in that combo, good luck

crazyea

Please don't take any offence, but sometimes a lot of tinkering can bring on headaches. I rarely experience issues with my sytems, or even the ones I build, because I set it up and then leave it alone.

Is it possible the was a short in the system while it was inside the case?

I will also echo what freeagent said. I always hook up both 8 pins. Especially when using performance parts. Err on the side of caution.

Shadowarez

Folding Team
Oh none taken I wish they'd be the case as until this hiccup I hadn't opened it to do anything and before this it was working perfectly fine hours of gaming no issues I rebooted for updates and Brick wall.

On this I have specific cables from cable mod just for this psu and this board.

Outa all systems iv built none had this issue and this is the least tinkered with system I have the most rock solid is the 5800x3D/3080Ti FE in a ghost S1 and I had to break that down least 20 times by now even installing a new spine for it.

Last edited:

Shadowarez

Folding Team
just got my hands on a evga 1600P2 for $220 going to test in the rig im hoping the Evga Psu line has the same pinout i have a 1600G2 gold version of this exact psu, i need to find out why the 3090FE is crashing to desktop only with Destiny 2 after about 2-30 mins.

i might as well build a whole new rig the Ghost S1 works flawlessly lil hot lil loud but zero issues no crashing to desktop.

both rigs handled the Diablo 4 Beta without issues no desktop crashing at all.

but i did notice after rebuilding the rig she be idling at 45c-53c upto 75c during gaming as well it feels like im patching holes in a sinking ship at this point lol ill tear down the Ghost S1 5800x3D and try the psu (Evga 1600G2) and 3090FE if it crashes ill test with the sfx psu, feel iv ruled out everything 1 by 1 but also like a hardware Goblin.

this has been a Journey i dont like bad enough the S1 had to be rebuilt like 45 times to tweak this or that,

parts coming in i can test
1.Evga 1600P2
2. Gigabyte Aorus X570 Extreme
3. Evga 3080Ti FTW

sorry for the wall of text this is hopefully coming to conclusion soon ><

Shadowarez

Folding Team
Rig still down but i havent had time to tinker with work medical travel to Edmonton then coming back to working the next day uhg, but im off Sunday by then im hoping to have the new transplanted build up and running. then when i get a few days off ill do a nice full rebuild unplug everything one by one with anti static wrist strap and make sure its grounded.

new psu didnt come with cables so bought a new set from cable mods and surprisingly no power cable to the wall so bought a new one that looks to be compatible. but i did test 3x3080ti's all working well inc the 3090FE.

freeagent

I have been running my 5900X at 240/160/190 +200 for about a year and a half with my B550-XE, which is basically a B55 DH.

No problems.

If your CPU is new, like made in the last year.. its probably best to stick with the newest AGESAs.

My 5900X is near launch, and these newer AGESAs suck for it, so I am using an old one. All the voltage, all the boost..

Shadowarez

Folding Team
it wasn't a first gen as places wouldn't ship them. eventually got one when bro went to get one for me then ship it. the $80 warranty saved me waiting on amd to rma it.

Latest posts