What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

ASUS M4A88TD-M/USB3 & M4A88TD-V EVO/USB3 AM3 Motherboards Review Comment Thread

SKYMTL

HardwareCanuck Review Editor
Staff member
AMD has made it a point of marketing to concentrate upon adding value to certain price segments and their supporting motherboard manufacturers have really caught on. Today we will be taking a look at two products which take this mantra to heart: the sub-$110 ASUS M4A88TD-M/USB3 and M4A88TD-V EVO/USB3. Both use the 880G/SB850 chipset combination and offer consumers a broad range of features for a budget friendly price.

[ Read full article ]

Amarthfea

nice review! I have the 88td-m, got it for 1090t and it was all i had money for :rofl:
its a solid bored but as you said not an overclocking monster, I can't seem to get an overvolt on mine. no matter what I set it to in the bios it stays the same in windows. so to get it up there i just dropped the frequency a bit and upped the multiplier. eq. 23x 180. no matter the bios the throttling is there as well.

oh well, great board for the price lol!

Shadowmeph

Good review , very detailed I am also glad to see some AMD reviews :).
I have always wondered who designs some of the motherboards out there. I think that most people that buy major PC components are not going to be using stock heatsinks and smaller video cards , Iwould think that the designers of the motherboards would do some height and length measurments to ensure that areas where the IDE connector ( maybe not so much ) , sata plugins a Large CPU coolers + tall memory heat sinks are not blocked when using after marked coolers or video cards

Amarthfea

I got a 4870x2 in mine, and the top 3 sata ports are useless, the ide was a pain in the butt, but i was able to get it in there (i'm to cheap to go get a sata dvd drive haha). even when i had a regular 4870 i don't recall those sats ports being useful.

Soultribunal

Staff member
Very happy to see your first Review up Raxen.

I'm happy on most of the features on these boards as they are budget yet still offer a lot of features.
The EVO lineup has always been a good buy from ASUS and these boards prove that once again.

ST

raxen

Hardware Canucks Reviewer
Very happy to see your first Review up Raxen.

I'm happy on most of the features on these boards as they are budget yet still offer a lot of features.
The EVO lineup has always been a good buy from ASUS and these boards prove that once again.

ST

Actually it's my third one :haha: I'm on a break right now though - just too much stuff going on, but I do hope it won't be my last.

Latest posts