What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

ATI Driver Uninstall Issues

great_big_abyss

I'm about the replace my temporary X1950 with my HD7950. When I installed the 1950 I installed the legacy ATI Catalyst drivers. While trying to uninstall the ATI drivers from 'programs and software' I get the following error:

C:\Program Files\ATI\CIM\BIN64\InstallManagerApp.exe

The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail.

Any help would be appreciated.

yamawho

Hmm ...
I installed the new cats on a Windows 7 64bit french OS and when it was done, there was no way to start the CCC.

Never has this happen ...

Dragonstongue

Cat driver install, tell it to uninstall old drivers, use driver sweeper, finally use CCleaner on rebooting telling it to remove catalyst install manager and getting it to clean the registry(and if you want the general clean/analyze thing) BEFORE installing new drivers. This will make sure the drivers and such are as new as they are going to be, and the old "crap" is fully removed, helps keep things running in tip top shape :)

SKYMTL

HardwareCanuck Review Editor
Staff member
DO NOT use the one on Guru3D.

Hilbert stopped supporting the original software programmer and still pimps the software. However, it is NOT UP TO DATE.

You should be supporting the original, small open source developer.

See here: Phyxion.net - Driver Sweeper

I have changed all links in this thread so they direct to the proper up to date software.

Latest posts