What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

De-lid your Ryzen 7000 easily with dental floss and an iron!

Bond007

I feel like that title line is click bait style, but it's apparently true. Get the floss behind each of the "legs" and work it towards you (away from all CPU components), and then heat the IHS up with an iron to soften the internal TIM, and ta-da...one de-lided CPU.

Izerous

Folding Team
I feel like the people that are actually going to push one of these hard enough to justify it have other tools laying around or are just going to buy the der8auer jig.

Bond007

I feel like the people that are actually going to push one of these hard enough to justify it have other tools laying around or are just going to buy the der8auer jig.
You are probably right, but I honestly think this looks less risky (assuming it actually works as shown)...essentially safely cutting the "glue" and softening thermal compound, vice using compound/glue failure to have it release.

The video of the process makes it look pretty slick/quick.

Last edited:

gingerbee

and don't give it 1.35v or it'll burn out!
I thought that was for only the 7000x3d series because I heard der8auer killed his 7950x3d/7900x3d by going above 1.35V core, or is it for all 7000 series ??? I haven't looked much into OC them since I don't own any 7000 series and don't know if I will skip those chips.

personally, I don't see the point of delidding these CPUs but I would run one on power saving mode since you can get 95% of the same performance with way lower temps, but that's just what I would.

Marzipan

Prince Rupert, British Columbia, Canuckistan
I thought that was for only the 7000x3d series because I heard der8auer killed his 7950x3d/7900x3d by going above 1.35V core, or is it for all 7000 series ??? I haven't looked much into OC them since I don't own any 7000 series and don't know if I will skip those chips.

personally, I don't see the point of delidding these CPUs but I would run one on power saving mode since you can get 95% of the same performance with way lower temps, but that's just what I would.
well...yes, okay. it was just tongue in cheek to go with the funny thought of floss delidding a CPU.

gingerbee

Ya that's pretty funny, I just happened to hear yesterday that der8auer killed his X3d when going over 1.35v, but I totally missed that Joke until you clued me in 🤦‍♂️

Latest posts