What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

drives for raid, question

Jim

I want to buy a second drive to setup a raid 0.My current HD is Seagate ST3320620AS ,the one I,m buying is Seagate ST3320613AS.their the same size,same cache ,end of number is slightly different,one specs as a 7200.11 and the other as a 7200.10 Do you think tere'll be any conflict or will they work find together?
thanks

lowfat

Staff member
It will work, however the 7200.10 is considerably slower than the 7200.11 due to the platters being smaller. Personally I think I'd rather not use the drives in RAID0.

Barron58P

They will work fine in RAID together. I used 4 maxtors in raid 0. Performance wise I would save and get a raptor. From personal experience the 4 disk raid was no comparison to the raptors. Even 7 disks(7k) could not beat the two disk raptor raid.

Jim

They will work fine in RAID together. I used 4 maxtors in raid 0. Performance wise I would save and get a raptor. From personal experience the 4 disk raid was no comparison to the raptors. Even 7 disks(7k) could not beat the two disk raptor raid.
i'll go with two Raptors,will these need HD fans ? i dont use sides on the tower
thanks

Last edited:

Latest posts