What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Dual Monitor W/ Vista

G

Does anyone know how to run different wallpapers on Vista or even if it is possible? XP you're able to but for the life of me I cant figure Vista out.

Vista's dual monitor setup leaves alot to be desired IMO, I wish to god it had XP's interface and Manager.

JD

Staff member
I've never actually bothered trying that, but I can't seem to find anywhere to do it in Vista either.

G

Dam, I have used ultramon before on xp, didnt quite care for it @ the time.
Bummer

Gamashinoch

Does anyone know how to run different wallpapers on Vista or even if it is possible? XP you're able to but for the life of me I cant figure Vista out.

Vista's dual monitor setup leaves alot to be desired IMO, I wish to god it had XP's interface and Manager.
No idea if this little tidbit will work buddy. But all this talk of multi monitor's makes wanna go in the crawlspace and dig out my 19" CRT.

LOL Dual Monitors: Use a Different Wallpaper on Each Desktop :: the How-To Geek

Last edited:
G

Nope thats the steps for XP, Vista doesnt have the same interface. Stupid OS I mean alot of ppl run multiple monitor setups nowadays you figure Vista would accommodate that

MacJunky

... You have got to be kidding me...

[irrelevantcrapnotrelatedtothread]
I am probably going to get on people's nerves with some of the following but meh.

You know, hearing all this stuff about vista makes me somewhat glad my PII is never going to be running it. Though atm I don't use it much anyway as I have to constantly restart it to maintain any sort of app stability with windows 2000 pro sp4. :\
6 day old install with video card drivers, a few old games, virus/etc scanny app and no internet access was never so fun! Aside from being a 400Mhz PII it is not that slow, just a crashy pita. I think I am going to test it's RAM later.(again)

On a side note, yes, I have to do this.
<- Mac OS X Server 10.4.10
(It adds a window with options in the centre of all displays other than your primary)
<- Classic Mode with Mac OS 9.2.2
(You can't see the backgrounds I set because it was being run in Classic Mode and the OS 9 Finder (aka window manager thingy) was not running because it is not needed in Classic Mode.)
I don't have any older machines with older operating system set up with second graphics cards atm though so I can't show anything else off.

I don't know what multiple desktops in XP is like though since it was always being uncooperative when I tried to add a second PCI video card and display. When I was using multiple displays in windows 98 I never got around to doing any desktop customization, just straight dark blue.
[/irrelevantcrapnotrelatedtothread]

You know, with all this talk of displays we should have a "How many displays do you use with your primary desktop computer?" poll. Could get opinions how how many people think is adequate for each use as well.

*Edit
Check this out:
Taming Multiple Displays - Wallpapers and Vista at Respect Sakura
It may be a complete pita but it apparently works.
A little Google goes a long way.

Last edited:

Infiniti

I have dual monitors on vista and I find that using ultramon makes it alot easier xD and yea, you can set different wallpapers with it.

Latest posts