What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

EVGA GTX 980 SC

MattyMatt

As some of you may have seen, I am looking to trade a set. Two reference pcb SC cards.

However, I was wondering what the selling value of these would be? I also have the SC version with the ACX2 cooler that I am currently on the fence about selling as money for school is more important than folding.

Shipping would be separate, but my guess would be 20ish dollars for one of the cards by itself?

Thanks.

FreeKnight

EVGA 980s either ACX or reference blower can be scooped up for just over $600 new with rebates that are on right now. I saw your BST thread and was going to say you'll probably have to drop your price a bit but didn't want to seem like I was crapping on your thread haha.

Truthfully, for a used 980, I'd try high 400s, maybe 500 even to sell. You've got a fair chance of buyers at that point. More than that and most people will just pick up a new card IMO, or look at waiting for the fall 'pre-holiday season sale/deal of the day'. Even the 980 Classified was on sale for 600 even last month.

sweenytodd

Was thinking also to post that you lower the price on the cards. I believe $1000 both shipped should be reasonable. Above that then goodluck.

MattyMatt

Yeah, problem is I can't exactly afford to lose money because of school, which is why ideally I would want to trade them for a 980 Ti or one of the cheaper VisionTek Fury. That with cash, I wouldn't feel so bad and wouldn't feel the hit. If I could find an amazing deal on a 980 Ti or Fury X, then I wouldn't care either. But haven't seen anything so far

I pretty much impulse bought them. Got them from the states, got screwed by the seller shipping UPS instead of USPS, so my savings was more or less tax.

sweenytodd

SKYMTL sold the EVGA 980 Ti SCX 2.0 here for $750 shipped and he recently sold the MSI Gaming 980 Ti for $800. If you want good deals then check here at BST thread every now and then. Literary every hour of the day.

sweenytodd

It would have to be 700 shipped.

Then wait for the Asus Strix. I doubt he will sell the AMP Extreme card any time soon bacause it's too damn beast of a card for a custom 980 Ti.

That's probably it for 980 Ti reviews. He doesn't have a G1 Gaming version on hand.

SugarJ

Staff member
Folding Team
Yeah, problem is I can't exactly afford to lose money because of school, which is why ideally I would want to trade them for a 980 Ti or one of the cheaper VisionTek Fury. That with cash, I wouldn't feel so bad and wouldn't feel the hit. If I could find an amazing deal on a 980 Ti or Fury X, then I wouldn't care either. But haven't seen anything so far

I pretty much impulse bought them. Got them from the states, got screwed by the seller shipping UPS instead of USPS, so my savings was more or less tax.

The problem is that it's not about whether you can afford to lose the money, it's about whether you'll be able to sell the cards at that price. What we're saying is that if you actually want the cards to SELL and you get some money back, your price is probably too high for this board. Put them up on Ebay and see what response you get. After all, you bought them for X dollars so hopefully they will sell for the same amount.

Also, if the Strix was to go up for sale the price would probably be the same or more as the MSI which it outperforms, not less. Don't hold your breath for a $700 980Ti, it's not likely to happen soon.

MattyMatt

I'm not holding my breath. I never get good results from ebay, so I've stopped.

I'm likely to just keep them if no one wants to trade and deal with only having the performance of one in Linux.