What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Feedback on this build

Muad'Dib_53

SugarJ

Staff member
Folding Team
I have the X-540, pretty good for $50.

My only comment about your build would be to go to DDR2-1000 or 1066 mem if you plan to overclock your system at all. Otherwise your memory may hold back your CPU overclock.

3.0charlie

3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
Looking really good; I would change the HSF for the OCZ Vendetta II: I just installed one on my Q6600 and it was a pain. The push-type clipping would not secure properly. I fought with that sucker for 30 minutes before swearing too much I decided to take the board out of the case... Xigmatek? Last time for me. Does it work? Yeah. Q6600 at 3.0Ghz, stock volts running at 55C average under load - single fan.

Muad'Dib_53

Looking really good; I would change the HSF for the OCZ Vendetta II: I just installed one on my Q6600 and it was a pain. The push-type clipping would not secure properly. I fought with that sucker for 30 minutes before swearing too much I decided to take the board out of the case... Xigmatek? Last time for me. Does it work? Yeah. Q6600 at 3.0Ghz, stock volts running at 55C average under load - single fan.

Yeah... I'll change the HSF for the OCZ Vendetta II; it's about $38, worth it.

Thanks

SugarJ

Staff member
Folding Team
Nice parts, we wants pictureses.

As for the TX: I'd skip it. The modular is so much better for cable management, & because of this line in the HX Spec:

Advanced circuitry design that automatically enables power sharing between the triple +12V rails in an event of overload on any single +12V rail.

That 4850 wont drag in more than 75W through the 6-pin connection. There won't be any issues, even if you put 2x4850 in there.

Latest posts