What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Fractal Design Arc Midi r2 case feet

dosmond

I know this might be a silly question but I'm seriously considering buying the Fractal Design Arc Midi r2 case, with price beat guarantee I can get one for $70.. not bad at all, but I have limited space... Please, If anyone here has this case can you tell me the distance between the front to rear case feet without the case tipping or falling off a ledge it needs to be 16 1/2" >O----------------O<

Birk

14.5" Absolute minimum without falling off front or back, 15" to be safe. 15.5" in the orientation you drew. Can take a pic real quick for you with a tape measure if you'd like

dosmond

14.5" Absolute minimum without falling off front or back, 15" to be safe. 15.5" in the orientation you drew. Can take a pic real quick for you with a tape measure if you'd like

15.5" is fine, tape shot would still be good lol

dosmond

One more question regarding this case, the hard drive cages the lower one has 3 hd bays, the upper one has 5, is it possible to swap locations on the cages? In all the reviews I see people removing the top one only, and moving the lower one into a further back position, however I really don't want my ssd's on the back of the motherboard tray I would rather have it in one of the cages but I have 3 hard drives and 2 ssd's. Can anyone confirm that the plastic pieces can be moved from one cage to the other and allow only the larger cage to be installed in the bottom of the case.

Birk

The bottom cage doesn't sit on a plastic thing it is screwed directly to the case. I will confirm in a little bit but from what i've been able to tell the screw spacing for the plastic bracket between the 2 cages shares the same screw configuration as the bottom cage which would allow it to also be screwed into the bottom of the case.

so short answer is i'm 75% sure you can do it but I'll let you know this afternoon and I'll actually DO it to make sure.

10e

One more question regarding this case, the hard drive cages the lower one has 3 hd bays, the upper one has 5, is it possible to swap locations on the cages? In all the reviews I see people removing the top one only, and moving the lower one into a further back position, however I really don't want my ssd's on the back of the motherboard tray I would rather have it in one of the cages but I have 3 hard drives and 2 ssd's. Can anyone confirm that the plastic pieces can be moved from one cage to the other and allow only the larger cage to be installed in the bottom of the case.

The plastic pieces can most definitely be moved from cage-to-cage, but the bottom cage has a number of extra screws that go in the floor of the case, the motherboard tray, and has an L-bracket stabilizing it to the front panel.

So you'll likely need to get your drill bit out to replicate some of these holes in the larger drive cage in order to get it to swap in and be solid.

This is all from memory but I remember considering this when I had the case.

It's still an awesome case though.

Latest posts