What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Hacker Group Anonymous Vows To Destroy Facebook On November 5

dandelioneater

^^ kinda foreboding.... confirmed authentic?

Freedom of speech is an individual's most powerful right. If you lose all the other ones, you need freedom of speech to get them all back. We shouldn't allow the gov't to break up a peaceful protest even though it is for a ridiculous cause. I sure hope that western governments don't use anonymous as an excuse to restrict access to the internet.

Last edited:

clone63

^^ kinda foreboding.... confirmed authentic?

Freedom of speech is an individual's most powerful right. If you lose all the other ones, you need freedom of speech to get them all back. We shouldn't allow the gov't to break up a peaceful protest even though it is for a ridiculous cause. I sure hope that western governments don't use anonymous as an excuse to restrict access to the internet.
More than likely, however in dealings with anonymous identities and a level of education few people attain, an excuse could be manufactured easier than mom's old fashioned apple pie. Or is this the rouse?
It will happen -is happening- inevitably anyway

b1lk1

Oh yeah, the government will let that happen and they won't restrict internet if these morons attack government servers. Anonymous is part of the problem, never part of the solution.

Like occupy wall street, occupy toronto will never get anything done because these people are not doing anything and have no message. All they want is more government handouts and bigger government. This is exactly what the government wants and hopes for as they will eventually be able to take even more rights away when they start giving these idiots what they want.

Last edited:

DkRk

Like occupy wall street, occupy toronto will never get anything done because these people are not doing anything and have no message. All they want is more government handouts and bigger government. This is exactly what the government wants and hopes for as they will eventually be able to take even more rights away when they start giving these idiots what they want.

I don't think that's fair.

The Wall Street Journal found that the protesters in OWS had jobs. 15% were unemployed, which isn't far off from the national unemployment rate.

Most don't want larger handouts. They just want government to ensure that they have a social safety net to fall back on, and provide services that the private sector cannot. Only fifty years ago, that was an entirely reasonable demand.

As it stands, their elected representatives are pawns for corporate entities and lobbying organizations. It's not big government that's the problem. It's big business that forces government to legislate for corporations, which has had a caustic impact on the middle class. I run a small business. I see nothing from the movement that jeopardizes me, or my operations.

Right now, government distributes subsidies to large corporations, and bails them out. But what good does that do Joe Public?

Student debt is the other complaint. How on Earth is somebody supposed to start a small business or invest in more training when they have massive debt hanging over their heads? Instead of subsidizing companies, spend that money on free education to expand the knowledge base.

OWS has a purpose, and is very similar to the Tea Party. Both are vehicles for change, something that is needed.

Anonymous will f&ck it up, though.

Last edited:

Perineum

I'd like to see CEO's unable to take incomes over a certain percentage of what the employees under him make. That way, if the CEO wants to make more, then everyone makes more under him.

Why should employee's flounder doing backbone work for companies that HAVE to be done while the CEO has executive lunches everyday and makes his bonus because he refuses to allow wages to be increased?

NI3

And then the CEOs make bad business moves, leaving everyone underneath him scrambling for housing money. Meanwhile he is living the good life from his past 40 million dollar bonuses hes had over the last decade.

b1lk1

We need to get the government out of the welfare business. They need to stop giving welfare to the uber corporations that these CEO's rape and plunder. Welfare to the general public needs to go too. Everything the government touches turns to shit. As for hoping the government will guarantee social security, that makes me laugh out loud. Even if they wanted to, all they will do is plunder it and empty it to line the pockets of wall street with. Our fight is NOT with the CEO's and wall street people, it is with the government. I just cannot comprehend how people still think ANY government is out to help the ordinary citizen in any way when they are more dirt and corrupt than any CEO you can think of.

KaptCrunch

the working force pay for everything.

simply root of all evil is money....you can't take it to the grave for your enslaved it to IMF

Latest posts