What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Headset

Cypher^64

Good evening all,

What is a good headset with mic? Would like to stay under 150. Prefer wireless but not a must have
Thanks for any suggestions.

Thinking about that HyperX Cloud II Gaming Headset

Last edited:

Lysrin

I can vouch for the HyperX line. I have an original HyperX that has excellent sound and build quality IMO and I still use them when I need a closed headset. They are not wireless though obviously.

They also have the HyperX Cloud Flight, wireless set, but they are pricey at $199.99 CAD. Well reviewed though.

HardwareCanucks did this video back in March. Not sure the prices covered, but likely a good place to start.

Last edited:

Wicked15

I use The Cloud 2's and they are great-Comfortable, don't hurt your ears after 5+hrs of use.

1 downside was the cord length without the volume dongle. Not an issue to some but depending on the side your tower is on, the cord isn't long enough to reach without the extension if on the right side - and the extension makes it annoyingly long. But not everyone is as picky as me soo might not be an issue for you lol.

I'd definitely recommend them. They come with lots of accessories and a nice case as well as mesh carrying bag.

Ernimus Prime

I have the Hyperx X cloud Alpha and love them. Really comfortable and light. Well made as well. I did a lot of research before buying them. But go to a store. I tried them at my local Staples. And tried them on.

nToxik

https://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX54289
I'm on my 2nd set of these that I really enjoy. They are open-backed so they allow your ears to breathe but the downside is that others around you can hear sound from them unlike the sweaty, closed back version. They also have the cloth ear pads which are super comfortable unlike the fake leather ones on the closed back that cause sweating over long periods of use.

I will probably be buying another set soon as these seem to last about 3-4 years before I need to replace them.

Lysrin

You guys are on the same wavelength! :haha:

I didn't list these as they are higher than the price range but I use an older version of the same thing, the PC360 SE, and they are excellent. Actually, mine are on Amazon.ca right now for $171.70! They are an older model but I love them. If you can get your budget up to these, that is a great sale both places and I highly recommend them. These replaced my AKGs that replaced my HyperX as I wanted open back.

Again... not wireless of course.

Latest posts