What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Heeeelp XFX7900XTX Greenish

Shadowarez

Folding Team
Heya all with some Quick checking it seems this isn't normal and I'm wondering if I should rma the card.

I'll install windows and do a check on performance as they said when this happens it also has terrible performance in Linux I have no issues games run but I don't have as good a metric to see I'll install windows do some Diablo 4 / Destiny 2

Attachments

• 1699066651199.png
    1699066651199.png
    777.6 KB · Views: 7
  • 1699066679188.png
    1699066679188.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 7

Shadowarez

Folding Team
Tried display port it's not as bright and actually readable I'll have to testing in windows to see what kinda performance it gets. I saw this on old ATI wonder cards back in day but the cable wasn't plugged in properly or all the way. But HDMI/DP can only go in one way.

moocow

I would RMA it quick before you hit the warranty expiration date. Who knows if it's a memory or chip issue or they are coming de-bonded from the solder joints.

Shadowarez

Folding Team
I got till the 12th I'll test this on the bench see if it's doing same thing on a Intel system.i was afraid this was what it was after researching.

gingerbee

The last time I saw this was a year ago on 4870 and it was failing memory on the card. gotta go with Moocow RMA time well you can

Bond007

Sounds like you have this in hand and have already done some of these…but I would go with trying a different cable, different video out, then fresh windows install and/or different pc…if those steps are all the same, then back it goes.

Shadowarez

Folding Team
only thing left is to try on test bench as i tried3 hdmi cables and dispaly port and 2 differnt monitors

gingerbee

well after checking Google it seems some poeple are having this issue and most from a quick glance have RMA'ed the card or they only got the green in bios and first boot and a driver update fixed the problem.

good luck

Latest posts