What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

How much do you charge for PC repairs?

JD

Staff member
I got burned once, so now it's strictly family only as well. Even the family can be annoying at times though...

I agree that people are way too ungrateful and expect things ASAP for nothing. You don't get that kind of service at big-box stores, so why would you get it from me? I can only begin to imagine the amount of complaints and hassle Best Buy/Future Shop/Staples/etc deal with on a daily basis.

Blu

I remember about six-eight years ago I took my pc to staples for a spring tune up that was guaranteed to make your pc atleast 50% faster (what there poster said) for $50. It took about two weeks when I was told it would take a day initially and when I got the pc back it wasn't any better, hell the dipshit used virus infected cracked anti viruses to scan the pc that just made everything 50 times worse. Ended up downloading AVG (when it was good) and cleaned everything up then went back and demanded a refund.

Slaughter

I picked up a 'non-official' contract as IT support for a gym and they pay me $50 per service call. I don't believe I've ever been there for more than an hour. $40-60 an hour is reasonable depending on travel time of course. A minimum of $20 just for you to come out and tell them it's toast to cover gas & time. I enjoy doing this kind of stuff for the most part and haven't run into any issues yet.

norfolk

Just for family as well.I was doing a lot of repairs for guys @ work which was a real pain,Soooo I stopped:angry2:

ADay2Long

I guess I'll give it a shot for the summer and see how I like it.

If it's too much trouble at least I can say that I did it and know what it's like. Probably looks good on the resume.

LionRed

I use to do repairs and or windows install for family.

Got to the point I had imaged the windows install to some old hd's, for future returns of nuke and pave. Saved time...

yamawho

I stopped doing it for the same reasons, ungrateful a$$holes demanding future repairs for free since I did the initial work. Then you get the ingrates that expect it for nothing, followed by family asking whenever you show up for a gathering. I have very few people that I will still do it for.

This about sums it up for me as well.

Perineum

I've been doing this shit for years.

It gets rather annoying the "friends" that I've "earned" that are "friends" when things have happened to their PC. The rest of the time they are off gaming which is something I don't get to do because I'm doing something for another "friend" I've "earned".

When things "happen" to their PC now I damn well take my time getting there. I don't care if their system is down for a week.

_dangtx_

Banned
I've been doing this shit for years.

It gets rather annoying the "friends" that I've "earned" that are "friends" when things have happened to their PC. The rest of the time they are off gaming which is something I don't get to do because I'm doing something for another "friend" I've "earned".

When things "happen" to their PC now I damn well take my time getting there. I don't care if their system is down for a week.

very good. this way they either learn hot to fix it themselves or wait...or dont wait and go to a shop :)

let me give it a try, have one or two boll breakers that bug me to fix there crop :D