What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Keeping Yourself Entertained as EA Launches Game Demos for PC Gamers

FiXT

Hall of Fame
With demos noticeably absent in the lead up to the launch of some of 2010 biggest titles, EA appears to be one of the last few publishers that believes in using game demos as a part of their advertising campaign for popular PC games.While Activision may have snubbed the computer crowd, three of the most anticipated titles of the first quarter; Drag... [ Read full article ]

SugarJ

Staff member
Folding Team
I'm a firm believer in demos and "try before you buy". I can walk into any FS or BB and try out 360 or PS3 games, or download demos for most new console releases, and I think publishers would be well advised to make PC demos more accessible. I think they would probably sell more copies of their games.

Arinoth

Staff member
I agree, i am tired of not being able to demo/test out a game to get the feel of it on the pc before making that all important purchase. Hopefully this will lead to more demos for pc gamers in the future by other companies

tri5cui7

It's funny because as you see a decline in demos available for the pc you see a dramatic increase with XBox360 and the other consoles over the past few years.

ipaine

I also agree, bring on the demos. Now I have not gotten the DA2 one as I'll wait until I get my step-up all sorted and then just buy it since I am already planning on getting it.

Fudd Rucker

The lack of demos really does suck given the way games are now a days. There are quite a few games out tehre Id love to play, but refuse to shell out 70$+ on them and it ends up being total crap or having crap DRM *cough* Red Alert 3.

Latest posts