What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Koolance big boy res ???

gingerbee

OK all its pretty simple I am getting back into water cooling haven't done it in a few years and I am just wondering what the hell the removable stainless steel partition is for ??? here a link to what I am talking about any info at all thanks

gingerbee

that's it eh, thanks that's what I thought I just wasn't sure never used coolant stuff before, well, cause I am using a Thermaltake p3 it won't be the prettiest loop lol thanks again

mods can close this unless folks wanna talk about the differences in reservoirs

Izerous

Folding Team
Some of them also work as an anti-sipon (maybe not the right word). If your flow rate is high enough bubbles can come into the res and get sucked right back into the rest of the loop.

in tiny res's I leave them in place in large ones I remove them as some designs can be quite restrictive on flow rates. In this case that one looks pretty un-obtrusive maybe just not very pretty.

Jokester

They are not restrictive enough to do anything to your flow rate when using a D5 or DDC pump haha

Its to stop turbulence in the res and to stop cyclone from happening as well.