What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

NanoHD

Entz

Anyone here running a NanoHD. Just wondering if you are having any issues with them. There were some firmware gremlins with disconnects earlier in the year but I haven't seen much lately. Range won't be an issue or anything (Condo)

My current AP is having hardware issues (6 years old) and it is time to replace it. Either the Nano (for fancy 4x4 and faster 5Ghz) or stick with a tried, true and bulletproof AC-PRO. Price is similar really ...

JD

Staff member
Got mine about a month ago now? Maybe a bit longer. Convinced my co-workers to buy as well. Of the 4 combined between us, one of the guys had to RMA his as it was giving slow speeds no matter what. He got his RMA'd unit today and said it's running super fast now.

I've always run beta firmwares, so generally ahead on the bug fixes and what not, the current 4.0.21 release firmware seems acceptable, the 4.0.30 beta was the fastest yet, they're on 4.0.42 now which is a tad slower but seems to also have a lot of dropped packets on my older models (AC-LR, AC-M). Supposedly it might just be a controller bug, but other's have the issue too, so we'll see what comes of it.

Make sure you use Shopbot or similar to price compare. Memory Express and Newegg randomly have sales too. Lowest I've seen of late is $189.99 I believe.

Entz

Perfect, that is what I wanted to hear. I noticed prices are all over the map, I might be able to hold out for a sale. Most likely our dollar is causing it.

3.0charlie

3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
My Nano. 83d uptime. :thumb:

Attachments

• PhotoEditor-20190522222341.jpg
    PhotoEditor-20190522222341.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
Make sure you use Shopbot or similar to price compare. Memory Express and Newegg randomly have sales too. Lowest I've seen of late is $189.99 I believe.

Picked my two up for $169.99 on sale, so yeah, they (sales) exist.

I cant compare to the AC-Pro, etc, but the nano HD's have been bulletproof in my time with them. I'm running the 4.0.30 firmware, which I believe is the most recent candidate-release firmware. A few more DHCP timeout/failure errors than the previous release (4.0.21) firmware, but no noticable impact, not that I could say there is an improvement over .21 either.

5/7, would buy again.

Edit: Apparently 4.0.42 was stable released today. Installing now. :thumb:

Last edited:

JD

Staff member
Edit: Apparently 4.0.42 was stable released today. Installing now. :thumb:
They picked that as the stable build? :blarg:

Hp6D2My.png

The AC-M and AC-LR are the dots on the graph that are not at 0... Only the nanoHD reports negligible dropped packets.

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
ehhhh..........................

4.0.42.10433 is the build I pulled. I'll keep an eye on it and compare against your DP's. Maybe you should drop back to 32 or 21, at least for the LR and M?

Last edited:

JD

Staff member
4.0.42.10433 is the build I pulled. I'll keep an eye on it and compare against your DP's. Maybe you should drop back to 32 or 21, at least for the LR and M?
It doesn't seem to have any noticeable impacts, most people think its more of a controller bug in displaying the statistics since (supposedly) they changed how the stats are reported. The 5.11.18 beta controller was supposed to have the fixes, but it seems like the older generation AP's might have been overlooked.

Entz

Got the NanoHD setup. Works great, thanks all. Unifi controller is awesome.

What isn't is living in a Condo.. lol 42% 2.4ghz busy time thank goodness for 5ghz

jin15

Picked my two up for $169.99 on sale, so yeah, they (sales) exist.

Mind sharing where you bought them from?

I am looking into setting up a separate router and access points and liked the unifi but at the time AC-Pro was $215 & nanoHD was $230. Had found TP-Link EAP245 at $120 and was considering going with them but can justify $50 premium for unifi since there are so many more tutorials and resources for them.

Thanks

Latest posts