What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Over Heating AMD World of Tanks Game Play-Under Clock

AurosGamer

Hello,

This game causes a universal over heat of all systems. Google Results. After reading many of the solutions and causes, it is simply the game. I under clocked the AMD Ryzen 7 2700X to 3.7. Using Wattman I lowered the settings of the XFX 590X Fat Boy. The profile for WOT and the game settings are Ultra. I maintain 82 to 94FPS and all temps are lowered by -10c or better. On this build the GPU never exceeds 60c on air and CPU 55c max.

Game Underclock.jpg
590X Under Clock.jpg
shot_001.jpg

Last edited:

Lysrin

Curious... I've played WoT a lot over the years and never had heating issues any different than other games. PC in my signature.

AurosGamer

I have two builds, not as high end as yours. In both cases ( AMD Builds) I compared the temps playing WOT. COD WWII and Ghost Recon, all the temps remained the normal range on both builds ( refer to the new build posted in forum) playing all games with the exception of WOT. All the suggested fixes on the net did not apply. Thus the under clock solution with great FSP results.

Thanks for your comments.

Shadowmeph

this might look like a silly question but whats is the ambient temperature of your room the PC is in I know that allot of places around its a little warmer then usual so PCs already create heat especially when crunching numbers or Gaming ( which was why I loved my older AMD server running in the cold winters folding )

Izerous

Folding Team
What computer case and what CPU heatsink? WoT isn't exactly stressful last time I played it makes me wonder if you don't have an overall airlfow problem like i do with my hotbox enclousre I built.

Side note: 3.7 on a 2700X isn't an underclock... that is the standard operating frequency out of the box. At most if it is only hitting 3.7 then it isn't boosting that isn't an underclock.

AurosGamer

DeskTop.jpgPhanteks 400S with 2-0 120mm Corsair Fans (front intake) 2-Corsair 120mm mounted top (exhaust) Temps are lower (case closed) with the top fans mounted (exhaust) rather than intake.

Last edited:

Izerous

Folding Team
Looks like factory 2700X heatsink?
And a case with a chocking fetish? Looks awfully restrive for a front panel but I don't recognize it from the images alone especially with that lighting

Back slot is unoccupied, front panel looks super restrictive, top slots occupied?

clshades

add a fan to the rear exhaust beside the cpu cooler. It will help with directional flow. Make sure it exhausting. The top ones could bring fresh air in. Typically you only need one exhaust fan which creates positive pressure.

maybe load up hardware monitor and check the temps globally.

AurosGamer

add a fan to the rear exhaust beside the cpu cooler. It will help with directional flow. Make sure it exhausting. The top ones could bring fresh air in. Typically you only need one exhaust fan which creates positive pressure.

maybe load up hardware monitor and check the temps globally.
Thanks for all the comments and advice. There are 2 fans at top to exhaust ( after testing the fans at the top to bring fresh air the temps were higher than using them to exhaust) 2 fans at the front add fresh air. The system now operates at the temps I want without a loss of FPS in the games I play.

Time to focus on my new build as posted in the forum.Thanks for all your support

Last edited:

Latest posts