What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

PC occasionally hangs on mother splash screen

bignick277

WoW, really appreciate the information, very thorough and in-depth. I will begin looking into that. And yeah, I don't play lot of games so a 500G SSD should suffice now haha.

I remember I started having this issue after purchasing my new mouse. A little search showed me that I am not the only one experiencing this issue. Corsair forum Mod have confirmed that certain BIOS could cause the issues with their new RGB series of product. I will see if I can fix it with their temporary solution before I start digging into the hardware.

I really appreciate it! Thank you very much! I'll keep you posted!

Yup, that could definitely do it. Good thing it's a Corsair mouse, their support is some of the best I've seen. If they can fix it, they will. And at least with their mice, it's possible to update the firmware on them. I have a Corsair M65 RGB and it had a double-click on single-click issue when it first came out. They fixed it with a firmware update. Hope you get it sorted.

MAK

Just an idea...

In your BIOS, under USB mode, can you change the XHCI mode? You might have it set as Smart Auto (most likely) or possibly Auto. Can you try to switch that?

I am guessing you installed the USB 3.0 drivers (I sure would).

Rnglol

Corsair released a new firmware. seems like it fixed the issue! Ill report back again if it hangs again. thanks guys!

Latest posts