What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Review Units FS. SKYMTL's Great GPU Sale 2017 - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgp141

id be interested in the Gigabyte Aurora :thumb: ....if it were to be available....

BUT...

will that power supply do SLI? in the review you said you tested it in SLI....
its just not "SLI Certified" ?

id definatley be interested in this PSU since im planning to build very soon

SKYMTL

HardwareCanuck Review Editor
Staff member
As I stated, not all review units will be for sale as I keep some (Aurora) and have to send some back (Nmedia)

Yes the XP-650 powered 2 8800GTS cards in SLI without a problem. A PSU does not have to be SLI certified to be able to run SLI. Basically, a manufacturer has to PAY Nvidia to use the SLI sticker on their box and many are not willing to do that.

Schwarz

SLI certified is a marketing scheme.
Kinda like SLI motherboards...
Sadly Nvidia locks other chipsets so you cannot run SLI on let's say an Intel chipset.
For older cards you could bypass this with modified drivers but now with the G80 its not possible so far...
Business is business but I think its wrong, I'll have no choice to get myself a 680i or other nvidia chipset to run my cards :(

Anyways SKY if you ever have a 680i mobo for sale let us know :p
(I know we haven't been on the same opinion in the past but such is life)

Anyways if anyone is interested in the Mushkin 650W i'd say go for it before someone else buys it.
I have one myself and its very stable.
I remember with my Ultra, sometimes I could hear my fans slow down and go back up everyonece in a while.

SKYMTL

HardwareCanuck Review Editor
Staff member
alrite thanks, i will definatley seriously consider this PSU over the next few days as im slowly sorting out my build. how is an EMT sorted out? through my bank? never done such a transfer before.

EMT is VERY easy. If you do online banking, all you have to do is log into your account and click on the Email Money Transfer.

If you are interested, PM me and I will walk you through the process.:thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts